Chapter 21: Getting To Know Smartsticle

Начните с самого начала

"Oooooh, Raphie is scared of bugs too!" Mikey teased. Raph glared at him.

"All in all, I hate bugs. Except ants, butterflies, and lady bugs," I said with a small smile, ignoring Mikey's comment.

"Wow. And I thought Raph was bad," Leo chuckled. Raph switched his glare to Leo.

"I also hate a lot of foods. But I won't get into that," I laughed. Mikey's eyes bulged at the mention of food.

"Speaking of food, let's get some pizza! We haven't had any in seven whole days!" he exclaimed.

"Actually Mikey, it's only been three days," Donnie clarified, but smirked. "Not that we shouldn't get any."

I grinned at their excitement over pizza. "You guys know that it's not even noon yet, right?"

"Yeah, so?" Mikey asked. I laughed lightly.

"So, you're gonna eat pizza for breakfast?" I explained. Mikey shrugged.

"Yup!"

"You guys are insane," I chuckled. Leo smiled.

"That sounds about right," he said with a short laugh.

My fear from the spider had dissipated by the time Mikey ordered the pizza. He asked me what kind I liked, but I told him it doesn't matter - because it doesn't.

When the Italian meal arrived, the turtles immediately started gulping it down. I took a pepperoni piece before any of them could eat the entire box.

"Do you guys have any forks?" I asked. What? A girl's gotta suit her odd food habits.

"Why, do you cut your pizza like a baby?" Raph mocked as Donnie stood to retrieve said silverware. I sighed irritably.

"No," I replied, taking the fork from Donnie. "Thank you, Donnie," I said with a smirk to Raph.

I proceeded to take the cheese - and pepperoni - off the slice. The four turtles paused to watch me. I smiled slyly at them.

"I told you, I don't like a lot of foods. I'm a picky eater," I laughed. Mikey looked me dead in the eye, so serious it was scary.

"How do you not like cheese on pizza?" he whimpered, as if my weird dislikes physically hurt him. I smiled apologetically at him.

"Sorry?" I offered. He pouted. "You can have the cheese if you want!"

He lit up at that, and stuffed his face with the saucy remnants of my cheese.

"So you eat... saucy bread," Raph stared. I let out a short scoff.

"Uh, no. I eat pizza without cheese. It's different than bread with sauce on it, why does no one understand this?!" I sighed.

Mikey laughed. "I know, right! Just because you guys don't like doesn't mean its bad!"

I stared at him in shock. "Where did that come from?"

"Whenever I eat old pizza from my room, everyone's like 'eww'. But pizza and lint taste good together!" Mikey said with a grin. My lip curled in distaste, and I fake-gagged.

"Mikey, old pizza is different than cheese-less pizza," I told him.

"See? That's what everyone else thinks!" he exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger at me.

"Only 'cause it's true," I muttered to Donnie, who gave an amused smile.

"What?" Mikey intruded. I gave a mischievious grin.

"The world will never know!" I said spookily. Mikey fake-pouted.

"Awww," he complained. We all laughed, except for Raph, who just gave a small smirk.

"Oh, so the brainiac and the smartsticle are whispering now, huh," he teased. I pursed my lips.

"Noooooo, don't call me that," I complained, but there was a grin on my face.

"Nah, I'll pass," Raph gave a crooked grin.

"So Abby, what else don't you like?" Mikey asked, ignoring mine and Raph's conversation.

"Well.... I don't like Mac N Cheese," I sheepishly replied, expecting another round of gasps. But the turtles stared at me with blank expressions, other than Donnie, of course. (Cuz he knows everything. Obviously XD)

"Guys, Mac N Cheese is like noodles with melted cheese on it," Donnie explained. He made a distorted face. "I don't think I would like it. It sounds gross."

"Actually, noodles with cheese doesn't sound right, because that is definitely a little more appetizing than Mac N Cheese. But I can't correct you, since I've never had it myself," I chuckled.

We talked on and on about what foods I disliked when footsteps were heard outside the lair. We all knew it probably wasn't our friends - school had only started three hours ago. All five of us jumped up and scrambled for weapons. Actually, the boys scrambled for weapons. I stood there, not really knowing what to attack the approaching people with.

"Hide first, attack later!" Leo hissed an order. I ducked down behind the kitchen counter, obscuring both my view of the doorway and anyone in the doorway's view of me.

I heard the boys move in the direction of the dojo, and two pairs of feet entering the lair. There were no 'woah's or 'what in the world's, so I assumed whatever found us either had been here before or was robotic.

I peeked out from behind the counter, seeing the people I least expected. Sarah, Kenzie, and Kayla had come home from school early evidently.

Sarah had a slight limp, Kenzie had a gash across her arm and seemed to wince every time she stepped on her right foot.

Kayla was unconscious in Sarah's arms.