Love Again {Arima} (Pt 2 of Work First)

He stepped out from his hiding spot, Quinque lowered down and pointing towards the ground.

"Kishou..." You whispered, heart racing painfully, he heard everything. "I-I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" He looked at you, eye-to-eye, not a tinge of emotion on his stoic face."Sweetheart, why're you sorry?" He smiled sadly, his eyes watering a little.

Arima Kishou, CCG's God of Death, the one and only person every ghoul feared was feeling the worst heartbreak a man can ever feel. "(Y/N)... I'll make it up to you, I swear."
--
You woke up, sheets tangled and hair in a mess. You blinked your sleepiness away and sat up on your bed alone. "Must be at work..." You mumbled, stepping out of bed to freshen up.
--
Shuffling into the kitchen, your eyes closed, you bumped into a large body, causing your eyes to immediately shoot open in shock. "Kishou?" You gasped when he turned around, a plate stacked with pancakes in his hands.

"Yes?" He replied innocently.

"Wha... What're you doing here?"

"I-I live here, (Y/N), with you... I'm your husband remember?"

"Yes, yes I get that but... Aren't you supposed to be at work? I mean-" He silenced you with a slice of pancakes to the mouth.

"I've taken the day off. Now shhh and eat."
--
Morning:
After the delicious breakfast, he took a walk with you in the park. It was a silent one, just strolling hand-in-hand.

"(Y/N)," he suddenly said, "I will make you fall in love with me completely again."

"But Kishou-"

"Just trust me, okay, love?"

"Okay."
--
Afternoon:
"Wait here." He said before heading into the shop.

You stood outside for a few moments before he returned, a bouquet of your favourite flowers in his hand. A shy and definitely uncharacteristic smile on his face as he handed it over.

"(Y/N), I love you."

"I know, Kishou."
--
Night:
It felt so foreign. So odd having him beside you in bed beside you when you're awake.

"What's wrong, (Y/N)?" He mumbled into your neck, lips pressed gently against you skin. His arms wrapped firmly around your waist as your legs tangled with his. Your heart suddenly felt heavy with love and affection, something you haven't felt for so long. "If you're uncomfortable I can-"

"No! No... Stay, please." Your hands gripped his and held them there against your tummy. "Kishou..." You chuckled, you finally felt loved again. "I love you so much."

Your husband smiled, "I love you, too."