I just want to say hello {Kaneki}

It was strange how you caught his attention in the first place. You never spoke to him, looked at him or even smiled at him before -- not in a rude way, of course, you just never really noticed.

But he did; he noticed how your hair was always clipped away from your face, how your nails were always short and neat and clear of polish, how you only wore sneakers and how your expression changed comically whenever you were reading a book. That was it, he supposed, you liked books; and that was enough to get his attention.
---
It was a lazy morning, and business was slow at Anteiku. Touka and Hinami were out taking a stroll, Nishiki was slacking and the Manager was in his office. Kaneki was busy making extra batches of coffee.

The bell jingled, signaling the arrival of a customer; the first after a few quiet minutes.

You took your usual seat, by the window and took out you book before placing it on the table in front of you. You were about to rise from your seat to take an order by the counter when a familiar waiter approached you.
"Is it the usual, Miss?" He asked politely, a kind smile gracing his lips and his eye -- the other was covered by an eyepatch -- was sparkling with a certain type of passion in it. He was beautiful.

"Yes, it is. Thank you." You gave a smile back as he took down your order and walked back to the counter. You sat back down and opened your book, your eyes scanning the first line but you found it hard to concentrate.

Before you knew it, the waiter was walking back with your coffee and you found yourself to be quite nervous. Your breathing sped up and you felt a warmness in your cheeks.

He set the coffee down in front of you, "enjoy." He said simply before walking away. You closed your novel and picked up the cup, sipping at the thick, delicious liquid, trying to calm your nerves.

Why were you feeling this way?

"Excuse me, Miss," you jolted out of your thoughts when you felt a gentle hand on your shoulder. You looked up only for your eyes to meet his dark one, the smile on his face never wavering.

"Yes?" You stuttered a little, his presence was not helping with your current situation.

"I-I just wanted to say hello, Miss. My name's Kaneki Ken. What's yours?"
---
A/N: Hi there! My name's Amy and this was my first one shot *pops party popper* yay. Request are warmly welcome and so is constructive criticism! :)