Chapter Three

*Dan's P.O.V.*

The rest of the day went by slowly. Probably because I was oozing with excitement at just the mere thought of seeing Phil again. He really isn't how I imagined him to be. I know, I know, "Don't judge a book by it's cover," but, I guess I just never really considered getting that close to him to look inside. Not because I was afraid of him, but he did intimidate me to a certain degree, but once I actually met the genuine Phil Lester, I wasn't intimidated by him anymore. If anything, he made me feel safe. I feel like I have my own personal body guard, but I still feel weak about it. I'm not exactly the toughest guy, I understand that. I just wish I could stand up for myself somewhat. Not necessarily physically, but verbally. I'm not saying I'd cuss them out and say things about their mums, but I would at least like to not stutter as much. Phil, on the other hand, doesn't even have to speak to them. All he has to do is glance in their direction and they tremble with fear.

The dismissal bell rang, making me come back into reality, and I immediately bolted out of my classroom, down the hall, and into the courtyard, waiting for Phil to meet me so we could walk together to the cafe. I saw jet black hair with a hint of blue in it coming my way and I instantly smiled.

"Hey, Dan!" Phil said happily, his tongue poking out of his mouth as he smiled.

"Hey! Still wanting to go to that cafe?" I asked nervously as I gripped the sleeves of my sweater in my palms, hoping we were still going to hang out.

"Are you kidding me? I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all day. Of course I'm still taking you there. Any chance I get to hang out and talk to you, I'm going to take." He said. I could have sworn I saw him wink at me, but he looked down immediately.

I could feel my cheeks burning from my blush. No one has ever been that excited to spend time with me. I looked down, trying to hide my vibrant red cheeks.

"O-O-Okay." I said, biting my lip to keep myself from giggling of excitement.

"Ready to go? It's not that far a walk. We can even take a bus if you'd like." Phil said, but he wasn't looking at me in the eyes. Instead, he was staring at my lip as I was biting it and he bit his in response, which only made me even redder.

I nodded and he took my book bag off of my shoulder.

"Oh, you really don't have too!" I said, trying to take it back. It nearly cripples me just walking  down the hallways. I didn't want him to have to lug it.

"Shh. I'm carrying it. I'm not supposed to let my date carry anything they don't have too." He said, then paused suddenly as he realizes what he said.

Wait, was this actually a date? Was I going on a date with Phil Lester? Is this legitimately a date? Does he consider it a date? Oh my God, it's a fucking date. Oh my God, I'm on a fucking date. I am going on a date. I'm dating. Oh, my gosh.

I looked at him and his face was as red as if he just bit into a ghost pepper. He looked down and I stood right in front of him and made him look at me by tilting his head up with my finger.

"So, this is an actual date?" I asked nervously.

The corners of his mouth peaked in the corners.

"W-Well, I-I was kind of h-h-hoping it could b-b-be..."

I was stunned. I didn't actually expect Phil to consider this a date. I thought he was completely straight.

"B-But, I thought that..." I trailed off.

He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow.

"You thought what?" He said.