Chapter 16: Flirtation

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, no. In your dreams" I softly replied, finding myself almost hypnotised by him. The contrast between his light eyes and dark hair was almost unbelievable, compelling. His hair was black like mine, although his somehow seemed darker than mine was. Strange how I didn't notice that the first time I met him. His blue eyes were almost captivating, the lightest yet darkest shade of blue.

"Okay, here is a timeline" I said, breaking eye contact with him and grabbing my notes from my bag. Within the notes, there was a timeline of all the period we were studying. "You have five minutes to try and remember it, and then I will ask you questions" I instructed, trying hard not to once again pour my eyes into his. It was odd, eye contact made me uncomfortable, almost suffocated. But his eyes made me want to stare into them all day.

"That hardly sounds fair" He groaned once again, diverting my focus to his, as I shook my head, almost as if I were scolding myself for thinking so hard about him.

I smiled "You'll see"

He groaned for the third time as I started the timer on my phone, setting it down as I watched him and his eyes scan the entire paper. I noticed how his eyes roamed up and down the page, almost exactly the way his eyes had roamed my body the first day he met me. His eyes didn't seem as dark as they did the first time I met him. It was like everything I had seen and thought about him had changed in the span of three weeks. He was a different person. He both looked and acted differently. I didn't know what it was that changed him. But I knew I liked him as he was now. Not the way he was before.

The alarm on my phone went off which shocked me slightly, as I quickly diverted my eyes from Levi to my phone, turning the alarm off. But either Levi didn't notice, or he didn't care. I found myself smiling at his determination. His hands still fiercely gripped his paper, crumpling the sides the tiniest but. I coughed slightly attempting to get him to loosen his grip, he looked up and sighed, handing me the paper.

"What does Kristallnacht mean?" I asked smirking slightly knowing that the question would put him off. It was quite clear that when I told him to study the timeline, he literally only focused on the dates.

"What? That wasn't on the paper!" He exclaimed, trying to snatch the paper from me as I wheeled the chair backwards and lifting the page above my head, which in hindsight wasn't as affective as I imagined it to be considering I'm really short.

"It was." I said, sending him an innocent smile. "You just didn't prepare yourself for that question. You thought I was going to ask something date related" I continued as he rolled his eyes at me. "Rookie mistake" I chuckled, shaking my head in disapproval, once again moving besides the bed.

"Well that's what you insinuated" He replied defensively, pouting softly as my eyes softened. I once again found myself staring into his eyes, and struggled to understand why I couldn't take my eyes off him today.

I cleared my throat awkwardly as I spoke once again "I did no such thing" He looked at me in disbelief as I sighed in false exasperation, grinning slightly. "Okay maybe I did, but you should know better than to trust me!" I accused, sending him a cheeky grin.

He rolled his eyes "you're so lucky you're hot" he muttered, more to himself than me, I pretended not to hear him as I subtly attempted to hide my reddening cheeks. And by subtle, I meant I cupped my cheeks and slapped his arm. He smirked "Um, I don't know, something about broken glass?"

I bit my lip slightly. So close. "Kinda, you're on the right lines". I was literally considering on telling him that he was right, just to see his facial expressions when he realised that he was right, but I knew that if I did, he wouldn't learn.