Visiting Hours

The drive to the caring home is unbearable. I could tell my mom was upset about my Nans condition but she's a nervous wreck.

As we get out the car I notice her hands start to shake. I take hold of them and she gives me a small smile. We get to the front desk and my mum starts talking to the receptionist, whilst I start texting Liam.

Momo😈: you okay?

Case🌺: not really. My moms freaking out and I've never even met my nan. Also please stop changing your name it's so annoying.

Momo😈: sorry. And be brave. What condition has she got.

Case🌺: outzimas or however you spell it.

LiamTheSexy😎: aww I'm sorry.

Case🌺: seriously. Liam the sexy?! And it's okay I guess she wasn't really someone big in my life.

LiamTheSexy😎: okay we'll still my heart goes out to you ❤️❤️❤️❤️. And you even said I was sexy earlier.

Case🌺: no I said you were um tall smart funny etc....

"Casey, come on!" I look up from my phone and nod.

Case🌺: got to go. Bye and remember -- better late than never ❤️

I turn my phone off and walk back to my mum. I take her hand and give it an encouraging squeeze. She gives me another half hearted smile and leads me through endless corridors until we get to the room which must be my Nan's.

My mom is to shaky to open the door so I end up opening it. I can feel my stomach in my throat from the horrible hospital smell.

We step in and my mom rushes over to hug her. I just stand back unsure of what to do.

"Maureen is that you?"

"Yes mum it's me. God I missed you."

My mom always kept her British accent. She moved to America when she met my dad 20 years ago. I'd only met Nanny Carol once and I was 2. After that we never came back to England. Well accept now I officially live here.

Mom and Carol talked whilst I sat down in an extremely comfy chair.

Maybe we should come more often. Mum could do the fussing whilst I could sit down in this chair. Oh chocolates!

"Casey come say hi to your Nanny please."

"Uh hi." I mumbled as I got up and walked over to her.

"Hello young lady. What's your name?"

"Casey."

"Casey? That's my only granddaughters name. You're very pretty."

"Uh... Thanks." I say.

I'll be back comfy chair you just hang in there. Okay?

"Have you met my daughter Maureen."

"I... I have."

"Ah good. So you've also met my granddaughter?"

"Yes Na- Carol."

"Mum perhaps you'd like to sleep."

"Good night Casey."

"Night." I say then walk out her room. I turn down the endless corridors; they all smell like hospitals and moth balls. I see a nurse and run after her.

"Where's the exit? I'm really lost." I say slightly out of breath.

"Follow this corridor along, down the stairs 2 door to your left." She says.

"Thanks!" I say already turning and walking out.

Once I get out I sit down on a bench and start to cry.

Pull yourself together. You don't know each other. She's also dying.

But no matter how hard I tried I carried on crying.

Because I'm in a different country. I cant visit my dad. My life has fallen apart. My own grandmother doesn't know who I am and I stick out like a sore thumb.

I want to go home. I want to in America.

Authors Notes
Poor Casey 😢. Sorry it's short will do 2 parts today.