Chapter 1

The door creaked open with a slight uncertainty. "Come in." Said a loud voice from the other side of the brown oak. Ichijou slowly walked into the room and stood before the Lord of the Purebloods, Kaname Kuran.

Kaname raised his head slightly and spoke with a commanding voice."I need you to do something for me, Ichijou."

Ichijou smiled at Kaname's question and bowed his head in compliance. "Of course Lord Kaname, whatever you need."

Kaname slowly got up from his sofa and carefully walked across the room. "The activity around the academy is becoming more troublesome, especially during the day. More security is needed."

He then stopped at the Chess board a pulled out a new piece and held it in his hand. "I need you to find someone for me."

Ichujou listened to Kanane's instructions and left the room on his orders almost as quickly.

After he was gone Kaname put the new piece up to his lips and kissed it softly. Then he placed it with the other pieces on the board while whispering. "I suppose you will also play a part in this game, my rook."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another day had past in Cross Academy and Yuki as Zero walked down the hall into the head masters office. This was a normal occurrence seeing as their adoptive father was always craving attention.

They opened the door and were surprised to see a new face starting back at them.

Suddenly the headmaster appeared smiling and waving like crazy. "Yuki! Zero! You're here and just in time! I would like you to show around a new student, maybe bring her to the switch."

The girl turned around a smiled warmly. "Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you, my name is Rose Belcourt."

The girl extended her hand to which Yuki shook happily and then turned to Zero but he did not return the gesture.

Noticing the awkward silence, the Headmaster quickly opened a drawer and pulled out a white and red band. "Now, starting today Rose here will take on the role of the president for the Day Class and as the newest member of the disciplinary committee."

Yuki was seemingly shocked by this development. "The Day Class President?"

Rose shook her head softly and smiled. "Yes, since the Night Class has taken on a President so it should only seem fair to have a Day Class also have a President."

Yuki agreed with Rose's statement but Zero wasn't having any of it. "I understand that but why does she have to be a disciplinary member?! She looks completely useless."

Rose's smile dropped and she took a step closer to the hunter. "Are you basing judgements on just my looks alone? If so, I'm sorry to disappoint but I am fully capable of guarding this school."

She then turned to the Headmaster and sighed. "Would you mind if I relax in my room for a bit? The plane ride was very tiring."

The Headmaster nodded his head and pointed to the door. "Of course, but make sure you are back for the switch so that Yuki and Zero can teach you what to do."

Rose nodded her head and walked out of the room.

As Rose walked down the long hallway she sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. What had she gotten herself into?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few short hours later the Rose walked into the court yard to where she was met with a hundred screaming girls.