"Nursing school has its advantages." I say sarcastically, earning a look of disapproval from Rich.

Lately I've been dropping hints to Rich about me taking a break from Nursing so that I could be home with the twins. At least until I'm comfortable enough to send them to daycare. He is not trying to hear it.

"Oh you're into Nursing? What area?" He leaned on the counter smiling.

"Yes sir, I'm currently in my sophomore year here at DNI. I'd really like to do pediatric." I smile answering him while putting Skye's blouse on over her T-shirt.

"Well with knowledge like yours, any doctor would be glad to have you on board when your finished; Including me."

My mouth flew open as I exchanged looks with Rich. He simply smirked and took Skye out of my hands.

"Wow really?" I asked to make sure he wasn't playing me.

"Absolutely. Some of my best trained new nurses don't pick up on symptoms as quick as you do. Give me a call when you're near your completion." He said writing out Skye's prescription.

"Still thinking about a break?" Rich whispered softly in my ear.

Without answering I cut my eyes at him and smiled slowly.

"Alright, have her take this every four to six hours until there isn't any. She should be feeling better soon." He assured Rich and I handing me the prescription.

I tucked it into my purse and got up to exit behind Rich.

"Quanni?"

"Yes sir?" Peeking my head back into the room.

"Looking forward to hearing from you soon." He pointed his pen and smiled.

Nodding my head back and smiling in response, I leave the office. After picking up Skye's prescription I decided to stop by McDonald's and pick up breakfast since I didn't have a chance to cook this morning. I picked up something from Statbucks for Rhea too since she stayed with the twins while we were at the doctor's office with Skye; that girl is the real MVP. I owe her.

***
"Steph, it's 9:25. If you don't leave now you'll be late." Rich warned from the doorway of the Nursery.

I sighed and look back at him before responding.

"Fine."

He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my cheek.

"Tell daddy what's wrong."

"I can't do this... I can't leave my barely two month old babies and have a clear conscious. Plus Skye is sick. Why would I be away from home all day knowing that?" I whined laying my head on his chest.

"I've got everything under control sweets, go grind." He lifted my chin and looked me in my eyes.

"But I don't want tooooo." I said nearly in tears.

"What happened to you not putting school on hold?"

"That was before they were actually here." Looking at their faces, I got sad all over again.

"Well they're here and you're going back."

"But-" I tried to protest but he simply held up his hand for me to be quiet.

"But nothing. You're too close to the finish line for you to give up now. You got one of the best doctors in Dallas already checking for you, and you wanna quit? Nah, you can get that out of your head now." He folded his arms and looked at me seriously.

I didn't even know what to say.

"So go on and  take your little self in there and get your things so you can go." He pointed.

"Okay daddy." I smirked, kissed his chin, and switched to the door.

He can think he runs things if he wants to, I don't mind. He said just what I needed to hear. I've worked too hard to give up everything now; how would that look to my babies? So as much as I'll miss the Reynolds crew, I'm gonna go grind with them in mind.

Grind now, play later.

This is the shortest chapter I've written in a long time. Sorry, but in order to finish the book this is probably how they'll be for now on.

Good stuff, just more chapters and less pages you'll have to swipe through. I win, you win. Lol.

Vote.
Comment.
Share. 😘