~~3~~

{Ryan POV}

Brendon swallowed the 4th shot Jon had sneakily passed to him, knowing he won't pick up on the fact that he had just taken an extra shot than he had agreed on. You could tell just by looking at him that he was heavily drunk. His eyelids were droopy, he was laughing about nothing and he was slightly swaying just sitting down. I didn't particular want him to take the other shots because I knew he didn't really like them, but I didn't have an excuse for him to get out of it. I just had to sit there and watch him grimace after every shot.
I just thought we were going to have a few beers, but Jon had other ideas. Although I like shots, they're not my favourite. But I can hold my liquor pretty well, so 2 shots doesn't do anything, however I knew the affect they have on Brendon. I don't know if he knows or not, but he becomes very talkative about personal things that he wouldn't normally talk about, but even drunk Brendon only talks about that stuff to his close friends. And on purpose or not, every time he's got drunk, it's been me he comes to talk to. He hasn't gotten that drunk in a while though, and I can't help but think he's doing it on purpose. He knows what he's like while drinking because of stories told by friends, so I think he's been avoiding it. He used to be always up for a drink, but I've been noticing recently he's been a bit reluctant to go. I sometimes think it's me, but I try and push that thought away. It's just he never really joins in on conversations with me in it anymore, and he always seems to go off in a daze while talking to me or listening to me. I'm getting worried he has a problem with me. So although I feel awful for thinking it, lately I've been wanting to go for a drink to get Brendon drunk, so I can find out what's going on with him.
So when he was asked to take the two extra shots, I knew tonight would be my chance. Since he wasn't telling me what was wrong with him sober, he would just have to tell me drunk.

I hope he doesn't hate me.