--2--

The shots are lemon flavoured, which means they are going to be even more vile. We can't be bothered to make a game out of drinking them, so we just decide on 3 we all drink.

"1,2,3, DRINK!"

That's 1.
I necked the shot and managed to hold back a cough.I instantly felt my head get lighter. I turned to look at Ryan and he was laughing and seemed to be having a good time, so I was pleased. Jon and spencer were talking about how to spell the word necessarily, and if it was two c's, two s's or both. I rolled my eyes and laughed, but my attention went back to Ryan. He was now joining in on the conversation between Jon and spencer saying that he swore there was only one c. I smiled but stopped listening to the conversation at that point. I was too took in by Ryan. I studied his face, his eyes, his lips, every little detail. I knew I shouldn't be looking at Ryan that way. But I didn't care this time. I just wanted to stare at Ryan like he was art in a museum. But that's when he noticed my staring.

"You alright Bren?"

He asked with concern in his voice, obviously wondering why he just caught his best friend staring intently at him. I snapped back to reality and my mind went into overdrive thinking of an excuse.

"Uh, yeah, just um, tired I guess, must have gone off in a daze..."

I chuckled at the end to show it was no big deal. I knew it was kind of a pathetic excuse, but not entirely a lie. He looked at me for a second with a confused look on his face, obviously not buying my excuse. But that's when Jon cut in with his bright idea.

"Well that won't do! We are going to have to wake you up a bit then, aren't we B?"

Jon said smirking, sliding the tray of shots over to me. There was 6 left, and no way was I going to have that many. Spencer seemed to think it was a hilarious idea, but also had some common sense left.

"Jon, no way can he have that many shots. Let us all have another shot, and make Brendon have the remaining two."

I was grateful for Spencer's save, but that still meant I was going to get a lot more drunk than I had originally planned. I made a desperate attempt to get out of it.

"Actually I don't really like these shots, I think I'll pass"

But they having none of it.

"Nope, too late B, you're having them! You're lucky you're just having an extra two, I wanted you hammered! Do you know how hilariously idiotic you get when you're drunk?" Jon replies, laughing about all the last times I've made bad decisions to get drunk. I cringe at the memory of my drunk adventures and wince at the thought of all the morning hangovers that go hand in hand with the alcohol. But my trip down my memory lane was interrupted by another,

"3,2,1, DRINK!"

That's 2.
Another shot goes down. The warmth of the alcohol spreads across my torso and the disgusting taste lingers on my tongue. But then before I know it another shot is passed my way. Without thinking I pick it up.

"3,2,1,DRINK!"

That's 3.
I definitely felt different, but a good different- a GREAT different! It was definitely a feeling I recognised. I felt my problems and thoughts float away like a balloon. Then another shot was passed my way.

"3,2,1,DRINK!"

That's 4. Oops?