Thirty - The End

Chapter Thirty

The last chapter! (Only the Epilogue left now). Literally thank yuo to everyone who has supported me and this story in some way. I love each and every one of you and I wouldn't be here without wny of you. I love you, stay beautiful. 

I’m kind of nervous to go see Wes after my album signing. I’m half excited, half nervous leaning more to the nervous side. I don’t drop home or anything like that, I just go straight to the boys’ apartment. I ring in and it’s Drew who answers so he lets me up without hesitation. On my way to their floor, I try to fix my hair and make myself look less … worked. I shake my hair out a few times and rub under my eyes a bit to try and get the whole ‘I just worked the whole day’ look to disappear.

After knocking on the door, I wait for someone to answer. It’s Keaton who does and he gives me a huge grin. “Hi Asha!”

“Hi Keaton,” I answer while I look him up and down. “Are you going out?”

He nods his head and gestures for me to come in. “Yeah, Drew and I are going elsewhere to give you guys some space.”

“Oh cool thanks I guess.”

“No problem,” he smiles before shouting, “Drew! Hurry up! Let’s go!”

Drew comes trotting around the corner. “’Sup Asha!” He gives me a quick hug. “Glad you took my advice,” Keaton starts pulling him out the door, “see ya later we’ll talk then!”

And then he’s gone. And the house is silent and I’m standing in their foyer slightly lost. Slowly, I make my way through the hallway into the lounge. Wesley is sitting on the couch holding my album in his hands. I run a hand through my hair and sit next down to him. “Hey,” I say softly.

“Hey.”

I gesture to the album. “You fixed it.”

He shakes his head. “Nah I bought a new one but I’m trying to figure out how to see the hidden message without breaking it. You really didn’t give me much to go off.”

I laugh and take my album out of his hands. I click it open then carefully slide the paper out in the plastic case and unfold the front bit so it has an extra flap with writing all over it. I grin at Wes. “Not that hard.”

He rolls his eyes. “Read me what it says?”

Without another word, I do as he says and read what the inside fold says, “Heart Attack was a difficult song to write because it’s about my fears and secrets and something I didn’t think I’d ever have to face. The person it’s about, means a great deal to me and through this song, I feel I finally have closure. I feel like I can finally let him in.”

I finish the first half and look at him, there’s a soft smile on his face, it makes him look so peaceful.

“Keep going,” he says.

So I do. “When I Look at You was probably the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. I still had some of my cards, something to hold on if it all went wrong but through this song, I put everything down.” My voice starts to drop to a whisper. “Through this song, I portray my feelings. My deepest, most precious feelings. Through this song, I confess my love.”

I wrote these passages in hope that when I told Wes to listen to ‘all of it’, he’d interpret as exactly that. I wrote the passages to explain further. Through those passages, I’d created a path where there was no going back. Unless you knew it was there, or you’d been given a clue, my passages should stay hidden from most. As I said, only the most special get to read them.