Seven - Ready or Not

Chapter Seven

Outfit link is in the external link. Thank you to everyone who is reading this, it really means a lot. This is dedicated to a lovely lady who gave me a cute promo and it's only right to the same. Go check out her fic too! it's fab (: x

I’m fast asleep when I get a call. My phone vibrates violently against the wooden bedside table, waking me up. I have to answer it quickly before my brother wakes up from across the hotel room in his own bed. My voice is groggy when I answer, “Hello?”

“Carson is that you? What are you on about, Simon signed you?” someone says from the other line. Wherever they are, it’s loud as hell.

I check the caller ID, Wes. Of course, I did text him. Well, seven hours ago anyway. I frown, “Do you have any idea what time it is? And how loud the background noise is?”

He laughs sheepishly, “Sorry, I just checked my phone now. I’m at a party.”

There’s a pause and an opening and closing of a door before the sounds is gone, not completely but it’s not killing my ear at least. He exhales, “So what’s this about Simon signing you?”

I tell him the story in a hushed whisper and I have to turn the volume down on my phone when he starts to cheer and congratulate me. I can’t help but smile despite him being obnoxious to those who are sleeping the same room as me. We talk for a while about what’s going to happen until Finn groans from across the room, “Asha you freak. Get off the phone with your boyfriend and go to sleep.”

I blush but throw a pillow at him all the same, “He’s not my boyfriend.”

“I don’t care. Just go to sleep.” He whines.

It’s pitch black so I don’t see the pillow flying back until it hits me square in the face. “Ow.” I moan, dropping my phone to the floor in surprise. I gather it back up whilst rubbing my head tenderly, “Sorry about that.”

Wes laughs, “Who are you even with?”

“Sharing a hotel room with my baby bro. He’s trying to sleep so I have to go.”

“Okay then, we’ll talk later.”

“Yeah sure.” I say without a second thought. “Bye Wes.”

“Bye Carson.”

He clicks off and I’m left feeling slightly happy after that conversation. I half sent that text because I wanted to rub it in his face, who knew I would’ve actually got something satisfying from it though.

--

The week following the meeting is hectic. I have to pack my life into boxes, I have to hand in my leaving form at school, I meet with a couple of other people in regards to my contract and when it's my last day in Laguna Beach I'm so tired I don't even have enough energy to be sad.

I'm putting the last of my stuff into my car -- the rest having already been sent up to Hollywood -- when my family and three closest friends come down onto the driveway. Mum is close to tears and even Dad looks as if he's biting back the waterworks. Jen, Becca and Lauren look sad but are holding it together. Finn is the only one who looks remotely happy. I give him a funny look, "What's got you so pleased?" 

"Mum said I can have your room because it's bigger than mine." 

I pull him closer to me and give him a sisterly noogie, "Fool that will forever be my room. Take it and you can't stay with me in Hollywood."

He frowns, "I knew you'd find a loophole. Oh well it was worth a try." 

I kiss him quickly on the top of the head, "I'm going to miss you kid."