Run

"Bellamy, we need to go." Clarke has been trying to get me to move for I don't know how long, but I know it's been longer than she's comfortable with.

"Clarke, I can't just leave him here." I say in a raspy voice with a broken heart. I haven't been able to look at her since she took the knife. I knew she was strong but this has shown me so much more. She was willing to let me do it, but when I couldn't she took over without a hitch.

She rubs my arm with her hand. I look down to see a trail of blood. It's Atom's blood. My eyes fall to my own hands that are covered in his blood too. I feel like I'm going to puke so I pull away from Clarke.

"Bellamy, it's going to be okay. We're going to take him and give him a proper burial. I called Lincoln. He's coming to help." She says in her still too soft voice.

"Lincoln?" I ask remembering that he was there.

"Yeah, I called him a few minutes ago. He's on his way." She tells me. From her tone of voice I can tell that she has clearly told me this already.

"Lincoln was there. He could've helped. He might have been a part of it. We need to go now." I tell her getting up too quickly. My vision blurs.

"What are you talking about? Lincoln's on our side. He's here to help us. He'd never hurt us or Atom." She says and stands up to grab my arm.

"We don't know that. He was there. There is no way that he didn't know about the set up and even if he didn't he couldn't have missed the gunshots. If he were on our side he would have at least come out to check on us. He didn't. He just stayed in that building and probably waited for us to leave." I say and I even sound hysterical to myself. I reach down to grab Atom by sliding my hands under his armpits. I start to drag him out of the house.

Clarke tries to stop me again. "Bellamy, you need to calm down; just breathe."

She grabs my arm to try and get me to let go of Atom. She is crying and pulling on me.

"You're scaring me. Please, just stop!" She shoves me back. "Bellamy!"

"We just need to get out of here. We can get away, now. We don't have much time." I look her in the eyes. "Do you trust me?"

Her blue eyes are like lasers as they sear my own. "Yes."

"Good. Now we need to leave. I will explain it when we're away from here." I gently drop Atom to the ground so I can open the door. Clarke unfreezes finally and comes to help me lift him over the threshold. We set him down and I close the door. Then we take him the rest of the way to the car. Clarke's tears are still falling and both of our breaths are labored from the exertion. When we get to the car Clarke opens the door and helps me maneuver him inside the car.

Once he's inside we both climb in. We don't speak as I start the engine and pull out of the driveway. I leave the headlights off to keep us less noticeable. I take a right and see headlights from around the next corner coming towards us. I quickly pull into a random driveway and turn off the engine. Clarke ducks down before I have to tell her too.

"Bellamy, are you sure about this?" Clarke whispers.

"Yes." I say as the car goes past us. I recognize it as Anya's.

Once she's turned down the next street I look around and pull out of the driveway. We keep going like this, pulling over whenever someone passes for a couple of miles. After those first few miles we hit the more residential areas where there are working street lamps. Here if we have to pullover we'll be completely visible so I go more for speed. We have two more turns before we get to the highway. The tension in the car is so strong that I could cut it with a butter knife.

"Bellamy, Bellamy!" Clarke screams. "Look out!"

I look to her side of the car just in time to see two big headlights coming right at us. I swerve the car so that we don't get t-boned. I flick my arm out to hold Clarke back at we slam into a streetlamp. My door crushes as it hits the metal. Our airbags shoot out at us. I feel it smack into my nose as my head is flung forward toward it. It takes everything in me to stay conscious as Clarke groans. Her door opens from the outside. I look over just as my vision blurs. I can't make out who it is.