Reunited in the Aftermath

Bellamy's POV

"No!" Jasper yells as the building goes up in flames.

Nyko is thrown from the building and lands roughly against the rocky ground. I don't know if he's alive or dead and frankly I don't have the time to worry about it right now. Jasper breaks away from me and runs towards the wreckage. I need to stop him. The fire is growing yet it's oddly silent.

I can't hear anything except the ringing in my ears. I look next to me where Clarke is. She is watching Jasper and trying to get up. Her swollen belly is making it hard. I stand and lift her up. I wish that I could just be happy about seeing her but I can't. She's saying something but I can only hear mumbles so I nod and run after Jasper.

When I get to him I grab his arm to stop him. We're feet away from the fire. He turns and punches me square in the jaw. I grab my aching jaw. He's stronger than I first thought he was. I ignore the pain and wrap my arms around him so I can hold him better. While I'm dragging him back I hear an engine.

I whip around worried that it's Lexa coming back to finish the job, but it's Clarke sitting in a car with Monty. I don't care how he got here I'm just glad that he is. He jumps out when he sees Jasper and helps him to the car while I grab the computer from the ground where I left it. Jasper is crying and Monty is practically carrying him.

We are silent when I get in the car all except for Jasper's sobs. When Monty pulls off the road into his parking lot I want to thank him, but I can't manage to break the silence. He turns the car off and gets out. I follow suit because I'm not sure what to do with myself. I haven't even processed what happened. Then it hits me. I've killed them. I killed them all or at least I left people, mostly not innocent, but still, I left them in a building that was on fire.

"Jasper..." Clarke sounds heart broken. I walk to the back of the car and see her crying and watching the broken man walking away. Monty looks back, but doesn't say anything as he walks Jasper upstairs.

"Princess." I say quietly behind her.

"Bell, I-I'm s-so s-sorry." She turns into my arms and I feel home for the first time in over a month.

"Shh, princess, it's not your fault. It's okay." I kiss her hair and catch her as she goes limp against me.

I see her car so I pick her up and carry her to it. When we get to it I set her down on her feet and reach in her pocket to get the keys. I help her inside and then close the door. Before getting in the other side I take a deep breath. I can't be emotional right now. I first need to get us somewhere safe. There is no way people didn't see the explosion. They'll be coming for us.

"Bellamy, wait!" Monty calls out from the stairs.

"What is it?" I ask him, feeling completely drained.

"You need to disappear. Get rid of everything from your old life, everything. Don't go back. Take this." He comes down and hands me a phone. "Call me when you get safe."

"You should come. If it's going to be that bad you need to get out." I say to him feeling guilty for dragging them into my mess.

"Don't worry about us. Just go. Now." He urges me with his eyes.

"Okay, but call if you need anything. I'm assuming you have this number." I walk to his car to get the computer that I left.

"Be safe." He says from his door.

"You too."

I go to Clarke's car where she is asleep. I'm exhausted myself so I can't imagine what it's done to her. I start the car and leave without a glance back. I know that this will be our last time here for real. We will never be back here in our lifetime. Clarke stirs so I brush her hair aside and take her hand.

We will be okay as long as we are together.

A/N A real Bellarke moment is coming up in the next chapter!!! Look forward to that. I'll post it later tonight or tomorrow at the latest. This book is almost done!