Picture Perfect

"Are you okay?" Clarke asks me later that night as she leads me down the hallway to our room. After talking with Kane I couldn't get rid of my anger. All I have been able to think about is how I'm going to kill him. I have never hated someone so much. I wish that I could tell Clarke all of this but I know that I can't she wouldn't understand. She'd try to convince me to leave her again and I can't do that. Neither can I let Kane destroy us.

"It's fine, Princess. I'm just tired. Your family is a lot to take in." I give her a small smile and hope that she thinks it's real.

She nods her head and gives me a hug before stopping in front of a door to the right. She pulls a key out of her back pocket and unlocks the door. She pauses before opening the door and gives me a look of embarrassment. The blush is covering her cheeks all the way down to her neck.

"What's wrong?" I ask her trying not to laugh. It hits me that something as simple as Clarke's blush can calm my temper, granted it's still there, but I can control it.

"Well, it's just..." She pauses. "Don't judge me okay? This has been my room for a long time and they let me decorate it when I was ten. I haven't updated much since then."

"I'm sure it can't be that bad. You've seen my place." I chuckle.

"Fine." She takes a deep breath and then opens the door.

"Wow." Is all I can say as I take the room in. She wasn't kidding about the ten year old girl decorations.

"Shut up." She nudges me playfully and I fall against the Pepto-Bismol wall as the color assaults my senses.

The bright walls have a trim of white that has been painted to look like lace. The floor is a white and pink swirling marble that I can tell cost a fortune. On one side of the room is a huge walk in closet that is painted to look like it's a giant tree that you're walking into. I shudder to think what the inside looks like. There is a king size bed on the other side of the room with a curtain hanging around it which looks like it belongs in a fairytale. Luckily the bed is covered in a simple white comforter. The bathroom is also quite normal looking, except for the size. There is a shower and old fashioned tub that could easily fit two people. Maybe this place won't be so bad. If only we were here for a better reason.

"So, it's not too bad is it?" Clarke asks from my side where she is still holding onto my arm.

"Um, well I guess it could be worse. Someone could actually see me in here." I say eliciting a laugh from her.

"Oh the horror of having you, the manly Bellamy, getting caught in a classic princess room." She teases. "Actually that reminds me I want a picture of this moment."

She reaches into her jacket pocket to pull out her phone. She clicks it and I push it away from me to keep her from taking a picture. She slaps at my hand but not before I grab her phone. With it in my hand I hold it above my head so that she can't reach it. She tries to pull my arm down but I continue to hold it up.

"Come on. Please." She looks at me with her big blue eyes and juts her lip out in a pout. "Just one picture."

"Nope. Not unless you can get it." I say laughing as she tries to glare at me even with a huge smile across her face.

"Stop it. I'm trying to look angry." She says as she swats my other hand away from her side.

"Yes, and you're doing a horrible job I might add." I tease and tickle her again.

"Hey, mister, I'm not the only one who's ticklish." She hops out of my reach.

"Yes you are. I'm not." I lift my chin up in a challenge.

"Want to bet." She jumps at me causing me to fall back against the wall.

"Hey, not fair." I say as she grabs my side in the one place that I am weak. I fall into a fit of laughter as we slide down to the ground and her phone drops to the ground. She leaps on it and twists around so that her back is against me and takes a picture before I can stop her again.

"Perfect." She says and stands up. "Now I have proof that the great Bellamy can smile."

With her words the real world comes crashing back down on me. I remember why we're here and what I have to do. The smile falls from my face and I get up from the cool floor. I go to the bathroom to clean up and slip into the bed as Clarke follows soot. We stay silent but neither of us sleeps.