The Best Night

"You need to change." I say in a husky voice when Clarke walks out of the bathroom.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" She asks and does a twirl. I can see that she isn't taking me seriously when she winks and does another spin.

I take in her beauty as she twirls again. Her hair is cascading down in loose curls that are pinned so that they fall over her right shoulder to meet the heart shaped neckline. The blue dress matches her eyes perfectly. The skirt of it flows around her as if by magic. I can't take my eyes off of her. The cut of the dress accentuates her amazing curves. She is truly beautiful. A blush starts to grow on her cheeks hinting to me that I've staring for long enough. I cough and break my gaze.

"You look beautiful." I say in a deeper voice than usual.

"Thank you." She blushes more. "And you look great too."

"Thanks." I take one last look before speaking again. "Now go change."

"If I look beautiful why should I change?" She asks in a teasing tone. She clearly knows why, but she is still playing with me.

"You know why. Now go change. We only have five minutes before I want to leave." I say and try to shoo her back to the bathroom.

"No. I love this dress and I want to wear it." She says and crosses her arms causing my gaze to fall back to the neckline in her dress and lose my train of thought completely.

"Marry me." I blurt out.

"What?" Clarke freezes and my heart starts racing when I realize that I mean it. I'm actually terrified of what she'll say.

"Marry me." I say in a calmer voice and our eyes meet.

"Are you serious?" She asks me as her eyes fill with tears.

"Yes. We're already starting a family together and I love you." I step closer to her and grip her small hands with mine.

I reach up with our joined hands to wipe away the tears that have started to fall. Her lip quivers as the tears continue to fall. She pulls her hands out of my grip and turns away from me. I place a hand on her shoulder.

"What is it princess?" I ask her and she begins to sob. She then pulls away again and goes to the room. I call after her, "Clarke, what's wrong? Did I do something wrong?"

She turns back around and I can see a small smile through her sadness. "No, you haven't done anything wrong; it's me."

I take an involuntary step back and hit the wall in the hallway. "What do you mean?"

"I'm not supposed to tell you, but I just can't lie anymore. Here, we need to go outside so we can talk." She walks back to me and grabs my hand to pull me along behind her. I can't breathe. I know that what she has to tell me is going to change everything again. She puts her hand on the doorknob to the front door right when someone knocks on it. We both jump and look at each other like deer caught in the headlight. I pull her behind me and open the door to see Atom.

"Bell. Hey!" He yells as he pulls me into a hug. I drop Clarke's hand and embrace my best friend.

"Atom, how've you been?" I ask him.

"Great, just bored. I'm so glad you're back." He claps me on the back before pulling back. "And Clarke? Hey, it's great to see you again. I hope you've been keeping Bell here from suffering from the same boredom."

She laughs and I look to see that you can barely tell that she was just crying. "Hey Atom."

"Don't look so serious. You guys are on your way to the best night of your life. Now let's go get some drinks and dance the night away." Atom wraps an arm around each of our shoulders before leading us outside. I give Clarke a look to tell her our conversation isn't over.

"So, this is the famous festival?" Clarke asks a couple of minutes later when we get to main street.

"Yes, this is it." I say and pull her a little closer to me. "What do you want to see first?"

Clarke stops me and looks into my eyes with her sparkling ones. "I'd love to dance."

"Perfect. It's just over here." I lead her towards the dancing area. There are people covering the street by the stage already. I see Kennedy dancing with Murphy. Monty is dancing with a red head who's name I can't remember and Jasper is close by dancing with Maya a girl I met at Kane's.

When we get close enough to hear the music I pull Clarke into my arms and start to sway to the music. She leans her head against my chest and I feel completely at peace. I don't care what she has to tell me, I could never hate her or even stay mad. Whatever it is we'll be able to get through it.

"Yes." Clarke whispers and for a second I think she's agreeing with my thoughts.

"Yes, what?" I ask her as she looks up at me.

"Yes, I'll marry you." She whispers again and then stands on her toes so she can kiss me. My heart starts to race and I know that this really is one of the best nights of my life.

A/N The song is Good to You by Marianas Trench. Hope you like it and the chapter.