Chapter. 22

"If you gave up Dustfinger and came with me, promise that you would never see either of them again. I would not even hurt a hair on his little head."
I shook my head.
"Never. . . I wouldn't even do that if you were the last man on earth." I snarled at him, but then he put his hand on my bleeding side. I flinch from the pain and tried to recover from it, but I could. He felt the wetness. He looked at his hand to see it red with blood. I was still gasping from pain when he looked at my face. I almost passed out from the pain because it was so bad.
"Your bleeding again. . . Why?"
"Because of you. . . Me running to find and save Farid caused all this blood, you jerk." I told him. He looked me in the eyes and got as close as he could without our lips touching.
"Tsk, tsk, tsk. . . Oh, come on. . . I'm not the one who made you run."
I smiled up at him.
"Your lucky that I'm such a good girl that I don't cuss because I can think of a lot of names to be calling you right now." I whispered to him.
"Ha." Tristan chuckled. "Your lucky that I still have feelings for you or you would be a dead girl right now."
Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move. I rolled my eyes so I could see who it was without him wondering what I was looking at. I was shocked by who I saw. It was Mo and Dustfinger.
I focused back on Tristan while moving my hand so they knew to stay away. They weren't listening. Then, the next thing I knew, Tristan's lips were on mine. I gasped. I moved my eyes to look at Dustfinger and he was frozen. When Tristan was pulling away, I had to think of something to do so he wouldn't see them, so I pulled him back to me and started kissing him.
Tristan was shocked, but he just kissed me back.
I hate this. The only reason I'm doing this is because I want to keep Mo and Dustfinger safe.
Tristan's happy that he finally didn't have to kiss me first. I was the one who was kissing him. . .
But I wasn't enjoying it at all. I still think Dustfinger and Farid are a lot better kissers. Tristan's grip on me loosened around me and I had to wrap my arms around his neck so I wouldn't fall.
My eyes were closed, so when I heard a thud, it scared me half to death. My eyes flashed open to look to see the one who I was just kissing on the ground and Mo standing above him with a big branch in his hands. I collapsed to the soft grass from pain, blood loss and shock. Dustfinger was on his knees next to me in no time.
"Lexi. . . Are you alright?" I slowly nodded as he wrapped me in his arms to pick me up. "Come on. . . Let's get back to camp before they get too worried." I heard Dustfinger say.
I laid my head on his chest, still really tired. I wanted to stay awake, but I was just too tired.
"Lexi. . . You can go to sleep, I promise that no one will hurt you." I faintly heard Dustfinger whisper. After I heard that, I was out cold for who knows how long.

I was awoken by a little furry head rubbing against my cheek. My eyes slowly opened to reveal not only Gwin, but someone laying beside me.
I gasped and sat up when I realized who it was.
Farid was there, sleeping right next to me.
"Fa-" I started to say, but stopped when I realized that I was seeing thing's and it wasn't really Farid. Dustfinger's eyes slowly opened to see me sitting there about to cry.
I was trying not to cry, but the tears were in my eyes and I didn't want to let them go.
I starred down at my hands, trying to focus on them so I wouldn't cry, but then someone else put they're hand on mine.
"Lexi. . . What's wrong?"
I couldn't hold them back any longer. I finally let the tears lose and jumped on him in a hug.
"Farid. . . I thought I saw Farid. . . I don't want him to die. . ." I cried into his chest. He just wrapped his arms around me, stroked my hair and tried to comfort me. It at least took half an hour to an hour for me to stop.
When I stopped crying is when I finally let them clean my wounds and fix them up. I could see Liadan while Dustfinger was sitting by me. She was staring at Dustfinger and I knew it.
And, just to be mean, I wrapped my arms around Dustfinger's waist while my knee was getting cleaned.
"Dustfinger. . . Ow! That hurts! Owie!" I yelled in a baby voice. I looked at Liadan to see her glaring at me and she even mouthed 'You bitch.'
I couldn't help but giggle. I didn't care that Dustfinger thought I was weird because I wasn't thinking about Farid.
But all that happiness disappeared when I found out that everyone was getting ready to leave for the castle in the lake.
Prince kept telling me to sit until we were ready to go. He didn't want me to start bleeding, again. And even when we were leaving they wouldn't let me walk. I ended up riding on Bear along with Meggie. Liadan was walking next to us, though.
Meggie and Liadan kept switching it up. I was writing in my notebook so Meggie could read. Her Ugliness had sent a lot of her knights. We kept going for awhile until we were very close to the castle, close enough to see it above the trees. We had stopped to rest, but I kidnapped Meggie and Liadan for a special thing. If I brought anyone else, they would stop us.
I had written a lot, now all I needed was for Meggie to read it all.
"Lexi. . . Are you sure you want me to read this? It's really risky." Meggie ask me.
We were sitting away from everyone else. We were sitting on a big log that had fallen. I nodded. Gwin nudged my hand with his cold little nose. He knew what was going on and he didn't like it in the littlest bit. Meggie started to read as I started to pet Gwin. Liadan hadn't said a word since I took her from everyone.
I looked at her and she looked really upset.
". . . 'And the boy was finally safe, thanks to the girl'." Meggie finished.
"Now. . . Promise that neither of you will tell anyone." They both said 'I promise' and I nodded. We were getting ready to go back to the others, when we heard a loud and weird noise.
We looked at each other and went running, but when we got there, I realized that it had all started.