Chapter. 17

"Lexi. . . Lexi, time to wake up."
I shot up and ran into a patch of trees. When I came back out, my bladder was empty and I was more awake. I noticed that I was in the camp today. The first person I saw was Farid. I slowly walked over to him, scared that he would be mad at me, but he wasn't. I went up right behind him and wrapped my arms around his neck.
But, he acted as if it had never happened last night. How weird.
"Good morning, Lexi."
"Morning. . . Where's Dustfinger?" I ask. Farid pointed to princes tent.
I stood up and snicked into the tent. When I was right behind Dustfinger, getting ready to scare him by wrapping my arms around him neck, in a flash, I was laying on the floor with Dustfinger's blue eyes staring down into my blue-gray ones. He knocked the air out of me.
"I can't believe you." Dustfinger told me. I tried to push him off of me, but I wasn't strong enough.
"What can't you believe about me? That I met two dudes from books? That I came into one of my favorite books? Or do you mean the part where my new friend is a Shadowman who wants to kill my crush if I don't want to do what he wants?" I ask, but shut up and covered my mouth to stop from saying anymore. He got off of me and sat next to me.
"No. . . I meant that I can't believe that you would leave with a stranger and get lost in the wayless woods. You know I didn't mean any of that other stuff." Dustfinger told me. I looked up at him. Then, I sat in front of him, pinching his cheeks and make him smile.
"Come on! At least let me see you smile. . . You never smile around. . . Wait, let me take that back. . . The last time I saw you smile and heard you laugh was when I told you my fear." I didn't smile back. I was still tired. I fell backwards, Gwin crawled onto my chest and stared down at me. I gently petted the top of his little head. "Yes, Gwin. . . I'm still alive." I whispered to him.
He's just so darn cute! I lifted my head up to look at Dustfinger, to see him staring back at me. I sat up, holding Gwin, and grinned at him.
"What?"
"I am hungry!" I yelled at him! He just shook his head, dug in his backpack, then threw me a peach. My favorite!
"Oh! Thanks Dustfinger!" I said as I sank my teeth into it. It was so good. But. . . I was done with it in no time. "That peach was good! Thanks, Dustfinger!" I said, happily.
"Now. . . I don't know what all this is about, but I think it's really boring." A voice said from the opening of the tent. I whipped my head around to look and saw Tristan. Well, since almost everyone knows about him, I'll be seeing him a lot more.
"Tristan!" I yelled while getting up and tackling him to the ground. I did just see him not too long ago, but still, it's Tristan.
"Lexi. . . Your really weird. The last couple of times that I've seen you, your really mad at me and hate me, but. . . Now, your happy to see me. Why?" Tristan said.
I smiled at him.
"Because I'm weird and have mixed feelings like that." I told him. I looked back to see Dustfinger glaring at us, but looked away when he noticed me looking at him. I let my smile disappear and hid my face in Tristan's chest. I didn't even know I was doing it until I felt a hand on my head.
My head shot up and I was staring at one white and the other black eye.
"What's wrong?"
My smile came back just in time.
"Nothing. . . So. . ." I was trying to speak without worrying about what Dustfinger is thinking about me at this moment. I got off of Tristan, helped him up and dragged him off. "Dustfinger! I'm going for a walk!" I yelled.
When I looked, he just waved me off. My smile disappeared for a little bit. I wasn't feeling mad or sad. . . I don't know how I felt.
But I don't like it. I must not have been paying attention because the next thing I knew, I was on Tristan's back.
"Wha-. . . Tristan! What are you doing?"
"Carrying you. . . You will fall if your not watching where your going."
"Okay. . . Just be careful where you touch me because of wound." I told him. He nodded and just kept on walking.
I didn't say anything for a while. Tristan had to say something.
"So. . . What did you think of 'The Forbidden Game'?" He ask me. I giggled a little bit. "What's so funny?"
"Nothing. . . It's just that you would say that because your from that book. . . And The Forbidden Game was one of my favorites." I said. And right then, my tummy growled. Tristan stopped in his tracks.
"Do I need to get you something to eat?"
"No. . . But, if I were you, I would get me something to drink. . . No water!" I told him.
He nodded, but froze.
"What else would I get you to drink? There's only water."
I grinned.
"I don't know. Can you make some soda or something good appear?"
Tristan dropped me and I fell on my butt. I glared up at him, but he wasn't there.
"What the heck, Tristan? Did I scare you off or something?" I ask nothing. I hate it how Tristan has the power to do that. Now I know how it feels. I got back up and when I did, someone tapped me on the shoulder. My first instinct was to punch whoever it was in the face. I stopped myself before I had the chance to punch Tristan.
"You stupid idiot! You should have learned not to do that to me!"
"I know now. . . Here." He handed me a bottle of Pepsi.
I blinked. I looked at the bottle, then at him, then back again.
"Where in the world did you find this?!" Tristan flinched away when I yelled.
"Does that matter? I got you a drink, didn't I?" I glared at him, but nodded.
"You could get stuff from my world all along, but you never told me?"
"Your wrong. This is the book you read INKHEART, not the one from Mo and Meggie's world. So, I could just go to they're world, not your world." He told me. The soda hit the spot so well, I downed it in seconds. I hadn't had soda in forever. After I was done, I hugged Tristan, and belched.
"Excuse me. . . Thank you, thank you, thank you! That was so good!" I said. He just smoothed my hair. I loved it when Tristan did that. But, then, I remembered something. "Tristan? Whatever happened to my friend, Liadan?"
"Who? Oh. . . The one who you were with yesterday. . . Right?" I nodded. "Well, she got taken back to the castle."
"Oh. . . Well, can we go? I want to make sure she's okay."
I already planned it out; Tristan says no, I give him puppy-dog eyes, Tristan says yes.
"Sure." He said. I started to give him my puppy-dog eyes.
"But, Tristan. . . What? Did you just say yes?" He nodded. Tristan started to walk off while leaving me to stand there staring after him. I ran after him.
"Tristan! Wait for me!" I yelled.