Chapter. 10

"Oh, dang it! I think we're lost." I said.

"Let's go. . . That way." Farid answered.

It was just me and Farid in Ombra . We were on our way to seamstress ally, but we got lost along the way. Even though it was noon, it was dark. And scary. I kept getting closer and closer to Farid until I couldn't get any closer and I hugged his arm as tight as I could.

"Farid. . . This is starting to really creep me out." I whispered. Secretly, my side started to hurt awhile ago, but I didn't want to say anything because I knew that Farid would worry about me.

"Lexi! There it is! We are finally here!" Farid whispered.

I looked at where he was pointing his finger to see that he was right. We got to the front door and knocked. A Lady opened the door to reveal a nice little house.

"Oh! How cute! How may I help you, Lovely couple?" The Lady ask. She had her dark hair tied back in a bun and wore a lovely dress. Something tells me that she makes a lot of money.

"Oh! Um. . . We're not a couple! We're just here to get her a dress that fits!" Listening to Farid tell her this made me giggle. The Lady frowned at me and Farid.

"Aw. . . All well. . . Come in! I shall make you a dress as cute and pretty as you are!" She smiled. She showed us in and stood me on a small stool. "Now. . . Please, unclothe child so I can see what size to make it."

I looked at Farid to see him blushing.

"Farid. . . Please, either go outside until I call you back in or face the wall." I told him. He nodded and went outside to wait. The Lady helped me strip, but stopped when she saw my bandages were bloody. She gasped as she about to scream, but I put my index finger to my lips in a way to shush her. She nodded.

"Why are you bleeding? Should I be worried?"

"No. . . If you want, you can redress my wound. It hurts so bad, but I don't want him to know." I nodded towards the door. She nodded, got some clean bandages and wrapped me up. It didn't take long.

It took her only half an hour to measure all of me. I dressed again and called in Farid.

"Okay. . . It may take me awhile to make it. . . When do you need it done?"

"Anytime. If you'll have it done tonight then that would be even better."

"Alright! Come back by sundown and I'll be done." We shook hands and me and Farid left.

We decided to make more money, so we headed for the courtyard of the castle. I did my game and Farid did some fire tricks. I got to say, he has gotten a lot better since he left my world.

"Hey! Mother! It's the girl who bought my necklace!" A little girl's voice yelled. That snapped me out of my little trance. I looked up to see the same five year old girl with her mother who was holding the little baby.

"Well, hello there. . . Would you like to play?" She grinned at me and nodded.

"Can I, mother?"

"I don't know. . . How much does it cost?" She ask.

I shook my head.

"No, no, no. . . It costs nothing! Do you think you could be smarter then me?" I ask. The little girl plopped down in front of me and gave me a hard nod. The mother sat down and watched. We played at least ten rounds until the baby started getting a little fussy. I lost all but the last round.

"I let you win so you won't cry!" She said nicely.

"You did? Well, thank you. . . That was very nice of you." I told her.

I wanted to give her something, but I didn't know what. Until I thought of something. I grabbed my backpack, dug in it and pulled out my teddy-bear, L.C. I held him up and showed him to her.

"For winning nine out of ten rounds, I will give you my favorite teddy-bear. His name is L.C and I am trusting you with him from now on. . . Now, can you do that?" She gasped as she softly and gently reached out to take him and hugged him to her little chest. She looked up at me.

"You named him after me?"

I tilted my head to one side and looked up at her mother.

"Her first name is Lily and her middle name is Charlotte." She told me. "So, we call her L.C for short."

"Well, then he was made for you." After that, they said they're byes and I made more money until me and Farid started to head back to Seamstress Ally. When we got there, she had me put on the dress to see if it fit and it did. Even though it was made so I didn't need to wear a bra, I still did.

I spun around to see if it would puff out and it did. Somehow, she made it fadey from dark red at the top of the skirt to black at the bottom. The sleeves went down to my elbows and was made of black silk. She made it so it could be undone in the back or front. Buttons in the back and laced up in the front. The ribbon was black and the bodice was red while there was a lot of really pretty lace on the skirt.

I loved it so much!

"I love it! Thank you so much!" I said as I hugged her. I paid her and we left. We headed back to the camp, but when we got close to the gate, I saw two men that would scold me if they saw me right now. Dustfinger and The Black Prince. I pulled Farid into the shadows as fast as I could and covered his mouth.

"Lexi. . . What are you-"

"Sh! Dustfinger and Prince are by the gate!" I whispered. He peeked around the corner of the house we were behind and then pulled his head back. I, then, felt something rub up against my ankle. I looked down and lifted up my dress to see Gwin. Farid picked him up as I looked around the house. "Farid. . . I have an idea. . . You go over and tell them that we're fine so I can run past. I'll meet you outside the gate, okay?" He looked down at Gwin, frowning.

I put my hands on his cheeks to make him look at me. "Don't worry. . . I'll be fine. . . If you can't find ,e outside the gate, then I maybe be at Roxanne's." I told him. He nodded and still pouted. I pinched his cheeks and made him smile. I gave him a big smile also. "Farid, Don't worry."

"But, what if you get hurt again? What if your wound starts bleeding really badly?" The poor boy ask me. I shook my head.

"Farid! I will live!" I whispered. He put Gwin on his shoulder and hugged me. When he pulled away, he put Gwin on my shoulder.

"At least take Gwin with you if not me."

I nodded and he ran around the house and over to Prince and Dustfinger.