Chapter. 11

(Authors note: Hi! Well, I just wanted you to know that If there ever is a short story you think I should do of me and Dustfinger and Farid or whatever. Like the one where I slapped Dustfinger. Just leave a comment and tell me. Please and Thank you!! Now, Back to the story!)

I took my chance and ran. When I was through the gate, I ran behind a tree so they couldn't see me.

But, I jumped a mile when I felt someone put they're hand over my mouth. I started to kick, elbow and hit the person behind me so they would let go. I stopped when I heard a voice.

"Hey! Lexi! Stop it! I know that I'm a shadowman, I can hide in the shadows and I can disappear like a shadow, but you can't go through me like a shadow!"

'If you want me to stop, then. . . Remove your hand at once!' I screamed in my head. He moved his hand. I turned around to look at him and punched him in the gut. He doubled over and glared up at me.

"Why did you do that?!" I smiled sweetly at him.

"That's for making me seem crazy to Dustfinger and for. . . Well, for everything you did that made me mad." I told him.

Tristan stood up straight and grabbed me by the throat. He didn't have a tight grip, but tight enough to where I wouldn't move.

"You don't want to get on my bad side, Lexi."

"Why? You won't hurt me." He lifted an eyebrow.

"Oh? Is that what you think? I could always hurt one of your friends if I don't want to hurt you, too." Tristan said. Then, my first dream popped into my mind.

The blood. The loud gun shot. My screams that sounded so far away.

I pushed him away and knelt down. I always hated to think about that nightmare.

"Lexi? What's wrong, now?" Tristan's voice snapped me out of it. I looked up at him to see him kneeling in front of me.

"Huh? Oh. . . Nothing. It's nothing. . . Are you ready to tell me why you left me before?" He looked away from me. I smirked and stood up. "I thought so."

Tristan's face appeared right there in front of my face and he looked kinda worried. I didn't know why he was looking at me like that until he touched the same place as where I got stabbed.

I gasped and almost fell down from the pain. Gwin finally let himself be known and snarled at him. Gwin's teeth came real close to Tristan's nose.

"Your hurt. . . How did it happen?"

"I don't know. . . A knife came out of nowhere and got me." I told him. He looked me in the eyes and moved as fast as he could to slam his lips on mine. I was frozen. I didn't think he would do that. I didn't get to get into it before he pulled away. He set his forehead on mine.

"I want you to stay safe. . . So, please. . . Come with me."

"I can't. . . Dustfinger, Farid and the others would worry about me." He, then, pushed me up against a tree, his body as close to mine as he could.

"Staying with them would only get you hurt or even killed. . . If you come with me, then I can promise you that I wouldn't let anyone hurt a hair on your pretty little head." Tristan told me. I just shook my head. I was about to say that I couldn't, until my side started to hurt really badly.

"Ah!"

Tristan caught me as I was about to fall.

"Lexi? Are you alright?" I didn't answer. He put his hand on my forehead and gasped. "You are burning up. What am I supposed to do?"

"R-. . . R-Roxane's farm. . . " I whispered. Tristan nodded as he tried to get me on his back. When I was on, he stood up and started running. The only reason he new the way to Roxane's farm is because he read my mind. When he got there, he pounded on the door, but no one answered. He stood back from the door.

"Roxane! Roxane, I need you!" He yelled. Finally, someone opened the door. Tristan ran to the door. "Are you Roxane?! If you are, then you need to help me." He turned the littlest bit so the woman could see me. After she saw me, she gasped, flew open the door and ushered him inside.

"Come one, fast. . . Wait, are you Lexi? Sorry, don't mind me. Come on. Follow me." She said as we entered a bedroom. He laid me down, gently on the bed.

Tristan was going to leave, but he stopped when I grasped a hold of the bottom of his shirt.

"P-. . . Please. . . Don't go. . . Tristan." I whispered right before I passed out.

SORRY IT WAS SO SHORT!! THERE IS A TIME SKIP!!