Chapter. 5

I heard him yell from behind me. I couldn't stop laughing and looking behind me as I ran. But, I got stopped when I ran into someone. It made me fall on my butt.
"Ouch! That hurts!" I glared at the one I ran into, but I soon smiled. "Dustfinger! Farid!" I yelled, but got up and hid behind Dustfinger. "Sh! I'm not here!"
Doria came, but didn't say anything to them. I poked Dustfinger in the side. He jerked away. I did it again and again.
"Hey! Stop that!"
"Farid? Can you go find my back pack? I lost it and I'm as blind as a bat."
Farid nodded and ran off. I grabbed Dustfinger's hand and ran into the trees.
"Again? Last time you were scared to do it." I pulled him down a little bit and I gave him a peck on the lips.
"Last time, in my world, if someone saw us, then you would go to jail. . . But it's okay in this world. So, I'm not scared anymore."
We kissed and kissed. We were so making out, until he pulled away.
"No. . . Roxane. I have her and I don't want to cheat on her." I looked at him in the eyes. Ever since I first looked into his eyes, I could never tell what color they were. I always thought that they were a color of they're own.
"It's okay. . . I understand. . . Go on and find Farid. I'll be there in a little bit." I smiled weakly at him. He nodded and left me.
I stood there for a few minutes before following him, But I felt a sharp pain in my left side that made me stop. I put my hand over where it hurt, looked down and pulled my hand away slowly to see a lot of blood. I screamed as loud as I could and fell to my knees. In the tree in front of me, a knife stuck out. I was feeling very light headed. I started to pass out, but I never hit the hard ground. I opened my eyes to see Dustfinger staring back down at me. He must have heard me scream.
"Lexi! Lexi, can you hear me? Lexi!" Dustfinger said urgently.
"Dustfinger. . . It hurts. . ." I whispered. He picked me up and started running. I was starting to see black spots.
I closed my eyes and opened them, again to see three worried faces. Dustfinger, Farid and The Black Prince.
"Look. . . She's awake!" Farid yelled.
"Sh. . . Don't be too loud!" Dustfinger said. They were trying to stop the bleeding. I closed my eyes and opened them again to see trees moving by. I was riding on someones back. I gripped his shoulders. "So, your finally awake. . . We're on our way to Roxane's. She'll fix you up.
"Are you doing this because you know I hate her?" I ask him. He didn't say anything for awhile.
"That's not the reason. . . Would you really rather go see Roxane or die?"
"Well, to tell you the truth. . . I would rather die." He bounced a little, but it was enough to hurt. "Hey! Fine. . . But nothing that I have to drink or I will really rather die."
"Alright. . . But no being mean to her or I will never see you, again. . . Got it?"
I pouted, but nodded.
"It hurts. . . How much longer?"
Right then, he stopped walking.
"Well. . . We are here now." I lifted my head and saw Farid.
"Dustfinger. . . Let me ride on Farid's back, please." He put me down. I slowly walked over to Farid, Gently pulled on his shirt and he let me get on his back.
"Are you alright? Your pale." Farid ask, worriedly. It made me happy to know that he was worried about me. I tightly wrapped my arms around his neck.
"I'm fine. Don't worry about! I am a very strong girl! I am always pale, too." I whispered into his ear. He shivered, which made me giggle. I must of zoned because the next thing I knew, Farid was laying me down on a bed. It hurt, but I didn't want to say it because then he would feel bad, if it was Dustfinger then I wouldn't hold back.
Roxane came over, shooed them out of the room and looked at my wound.
"Tell me if it hurts. I will need to know." She said. I just nodded. I have to be nice to her or Dustfinger will be really mad at me. I flinched.
"Ouch. . ." I whispered, trying not to cry or yell. Trying not to cry was the hardest part because it really hurt.
"Here. . . Drink this and it won't hurt. I promise."
"Will it taste bad? I can't put things that don't taste good into my mouth."
"Well. . . You remind me of someone I know who is the same way, so it won't taste bad, at all. . . I promise." She told me. I took the cup and drank it. When it was gone, She put it on the bedside table. It really didn't taste bad, but something she said made me wonder.
"Who do I remind you of, if you don't mind me asking?" I ask.
She smiled at me.
"Wow. So polite. . . Well, you remind me of Dustfinger. . . Whenever he was sick, I would give him medicine, but he wouldn't like it because it was too gross."
That made me smile just thinking about it. She put stuff on it and wrapped it up. When she was done, she let someone come in and that someone was Dustfinger.
"Hey. . . I'm shocked Farid and Prince didn't come in." He sat down on the bed next to me with his back against the wall.
"I sent them back to the camp to tell the others that you were going to live." I giggled. "You should probably go to sleep."
"Okay. . . But please stay here at least until I fall asleep? Please? I need someone here with me." I said. I looked up at him, he was looking down at me.
"I guess. . . But only until you fall asleep." I smiled and leaned over on him. He wrapped one arm around me so I could get closer to him. I felt warm and safe when I was like this with him. I would kiss him if it wasn't for Roxane.
I was out in no time.