Chapter. 8

I froze. That males voice I had heard a lot. Both in and out of my dreams.

I spun on my heels.

"Tristan!" I yelled as I ran over to him and jumped on him.

"Good! There for a moment I thought that you forgot about me." He said as he hugged me back.

"Wait." I whispered as I pulled away to look up at him. "Where have you been? I haven't seen you since before I passed out in The Princes arms!" I whispered. It turns out that bear was sniffing Tristan. Even though I was just mad at him, I couldn't help but giggle.

"Well, I. . . Huh. . . Hey! Stop it!" He batted at bear, who started to go up on his hind legs.

"Tristan! Stop it! If you keep doing that, then he could be mad and attack you!" Tristan just froze.

I giggled and walked over to bear. I reached up, scratched under his chin until he came back down on all fours.

"There we go. . . Now never do that again, Tristan." I grinned up at him. Bear laid down, so I sat down next to him. Tristan sat down next to me and pulled me over so my head was leaned against his shoulder.

"You never answered me. . . Why did you disappear?" I ask while looking at him. He turned his head the best he could and ended up kissing my nose.

"Have I ever told you how cute you are?"

I sat up to look at him. I glared at him, more like it.

"Yes, you have! Many times. Now answer me. Why aren't you telling me?" He set his palm on my cheek. He also gave me a sweet, soft smile. I slapped his hand away as hard as I could. He was shocked by this. "If you don't answer me right now, I will go running out there and gladly make out with Dustfinger!" I said, I was trying not to yell, but I almost did.

He just sat there watching me so I started to get up to go through with what I said I was going to do because maybe he didn't believe that I would really do it. Before I could get out of the opening of the tent, he grabbed my wrist.

"Wait. . . I don't want to tell you because I don't want you to hate me, and I would rather you make out with Dustfinger then be mad or hate me." He told me.

This made me even madder. I ripped my wrist out of his hand, grabbed him by the hair, threw him down, got on top of him and pinned his hands down on either side of his head.

"Please. . . Tell me. . . You know I care about you, but if you don't tell me then how could I ever trust you?" I ask.

He had turned his head away from me when I pinned him down, but when he felt something wet drip onto his face, he looked back up at me to see me crying. (A/N: I am not really crying!! They are fake tears just so he will say what he's been doing!!! Just wanted everyone to know before they get mad saying "Ah!! She is crying again?!" So please be nice! Not real tears!)

"Lexi. . ."

"You know that I can't stand it! I need to know weather to trust you. . . Julian wasn't to be trusted and I understood that you could never trust Shadowmen."

"Lexi. . . I-"

"There you are. . . I have been looking everywhere for you!"

I whipped my head around to look behind me, at the opening of the tent, to see Dustfinger. I gasped. I didn't think it would be him, what was he doing here? Why isn't he with Brianna?

"Well? What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost." He told me. He wasn't saying anything about Tristan. . . But, why? He's right under me, isn't he?