Chapter. 18

One hour later and me and Tristan were standing in front of the castle.
Forty out of those sixty minuets were me and Tristan trying to get inside, but the knights wouldn't let Tristan in even with me. They would let me in and not him. So not fair.
I was about to push passed them, get someone from inside so we both could go in. Or just-. . . I know what I could do.
I got an evil grin on my face. I tried to hide it. I looked up at him and he knew what I was thinking. I grabbed hold of Tristan's hand and shrugged.
"All, well. . . I guess we're not going inside today." I said as we turned around. We took one, two, three steps before. . . ZOOM! We turned back around and started running, even past the knights.
Of course they went running after us, but we kept running.
"Ha ha ha! You can't get us! You can't get us!" I yelled, but when I looked behind me, I saw even more then just two knights chasing us. "Ep!" I sped up even more. Tristan stopped, got me on his back and started running, again.
"Is this better, Milady?" I gripped his shoulder with one hand while I punched the air with the other one.
"Whoo-hoo!" I yelled. I, then, secretly put my hand to my side. It was hurting from the running, but it wasn't going to stop me. When we got close enough for Fenoglio and Balbulus could hear us, they came out.
"What is going on out here?" Balbulus ask before he saw everyone running towards them.
"Fenoglio! Help us!" After Tristan ran pass him, Fenoglio stood in front of all those knights.
"Stop! I know them! Shouldn't there be someone in front of the gate?" They all stopped, stared and just stood there. "Do you want me to tell the Queen?!" That's when they all went running back to they're stands. I slid down off of Tristan's back.
"Thanks, Fenoglio. . . That really helped."
"Your welcome. . . By the way, who is your friend?" I giggled. He saved mine and Tristan's butts, but he doesn't even know who Tristan is.
"This is Tristan. . . Since you know about everything, I can tell you who he is. I read him out of some books called 'The Forbidden Game' and I don't feel like reading him back in so I now have to deal with him trying to get with me." I told him.
Tristan glared at me and elbowed me.
"Lexi? What are you doing here?" A voice from behind me ask, and for once, it wasn't a males voice.
I spun around to see Liadan. I gasped and lunched at her. She fell backwards onto the floor, but she had books in her hands. She dropped all of them, but one which went up instead of down. And it came down, it almost landed on my head if it wasn't for Tristan who caught it right before it landed on my head.
I looked up at him with a very, very happy smile.
"Thanks, Tristan!" I looked back under me to see Liadan's shocked face. "Hi! Are you okay? I hope the Nightmares didn't hurt you!" I said, still smiling. She looked at Tristan, who's still holding the book, then back at me.
"What the hell?! One; You act like a book almost falling on your head didn't just happen, and two; There were Nightmares? All I knew was that I woke up while Tristan was carrying me here. . . Which, by the way, is hot and I didn't mind." She said. I giggled. I got off of her and we walked while I told what all happened last night while she slept.
After I told her everything, she was just staring at me. I whispered something in Tristan's ear.
He grinned. He, then, walked over to her, bent down a little and whispered something in her ear. I was giggling the whole time. After he whispered in her ear, at first she lifted an eyebrow, then she started to laugh. I wanted to know what he said because I just told him to whisper something funny in her ear.
"Liadan!What did he tell you? I wanna know!" I yelled happily. She was doubling over from laughter. When I heard yelling, though, all the funny and happiness disappeared out of everything around me.
I turned around because it was coming from behind me, but when I did, I saw a very, very mad Dustfinger.
"Lexi!" He yelled. This had to be the first time ever that I was scared of him. I was really scared of Dustfinger. I was so scared that I wanted to hide behind Tristan or at least look away, but I couldn't. I was frozen by the look on his face. I was really paralyzed. I wanted to cry. I wanted to do anything other then just stand here frozen by fear. It was all I could do to not let the tears fall.
"Lexi! This is the second time you have ran off!"
"But, Dustfinger-"
"I have had it with you! Am I going to have to put you on a leash or-"
"Hey! Stop yelling at her! She didn't do anything wrong! She told you that she was going for a walk and it's not like she was alone." Tristan stood up for me. He had stepped in front of me, while holding my hand. I gasped.
The reason Tristan was holding my hand was because I was shaking. I pulled my hand out of his, walked out from behind him and smiled at him sweetly.
"It's okay, Tristan. . . It's my own fault. . . I told him that I was going for a walk, but I didn't tell him that I was going to the castle." I told him. I waved at Liadan and left with Dustfinger.
Our whole walk was silent. I think Dustfinger was too mad and I was being too shy.