Chapter. 16

(Time Skip!!)

We both ended up falling asleep. But, I did wake up when I heard something coming from the other side of the fire. Me and Liadan went to sleep right next to each other. I sat up when I heard a noise. I tried not to wake up Liadan just in case it was nothing. I had no weapons, so I was defenseless.
What came out of the trees almost gave me a heart attack. It was a shadow in the shape of a man. I never been so scared in my life. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I think I would have died if someone hadn't put they're hands over my eyes.
I gasped.
"Sh. . . Don't worry. I won't let it kill you." A voice told me and I calmed down. I knew this voice. And I'm happy he came back.
When the hand was removed from over my eyes, the nightmare was gone. I turned around to see a white haired young man.
"You have no clue how happy I am that you came back. . . I am so sorry for yelling at you like that."
"If you really mean it. . . Then kiss me and I'll forgive you."
I was about to say no until I stopped myself. I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.
"Hey!"
"Hays for horses and you didn't say where to kiss you." I grinned. Instead of starting another fight, he just gave it up and smiled at me.
"Okay, okay. . . Now you put out the fire while I try to wake up your friend." I nodded.
He couldn't wake her up, so he just got her on his back.
"Tristan? Can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"What did you mean when you told me 'This game is over'?" I ask. He looked shocked.
"Well. . . Um. . . Uh. . ."
"Is it the same game as the other Shadowmen play or what?"
"Or what. . . I don't feel like telling you right now. Can it wait until later?" I sighed and nodded.
We walked without saying anything for awhile. All of a sudden, though, I clung to Tristan's arm, making it hard for him to move.
"Lexi. . . Come on or I'll drop your friend. . . Why are you so scared?"
I pointed.
"B-. . . B-. . . B-. . ." I couldn't spit it out. Tristan looked at where I was pointing to see what I was so scared of. And when he saw, he couldn't help, but laugh. "Tristan! Stop!"
"But, Lexi. . . Your scared of a little Bunny Rabbit?" Tristan was laughing so hard that he had to wipe the tears out of his eyes.
"Tristan! It's not funny! I have a reason!"
"Oh, yeah? What's your reasoning?" I glared at him for laughing at me.
"A couple of years ago, me and my mom were sitting at the end of my great-grandmas driveway. It was dark and we sit out there so we don't get bit up. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something running towards me. I didn't know what it was because it was dark. I started crying and screaming. My mom kept asking me what, but I wouldn't answer. Finally, I told her that something was running towards me. When she looked behind her, she started dieing of laughter. It was a Rabbit!" I told him. He did the same thing my mom did, died of laughter. I elbowed him in the rib to make him stop, but it didn't work.
I was about to punch him when he finally stopped laughing.
"Humans have very strange fears." He told me. I just shook my head and started walking again. I was starting to get tired again. But when we got to the motley folks camp, I ran. I didn't see Dustfinger or Farid. It looked like everyone was awake.
I bet Dustfinger told them that I was missing. Prince was the first one to see me.
"Lexi! Doria, go to the castle and tell Dustfinger that Lexi came here!" Prince said. When I was right in front of him, I smiled.
"Well, I guess this is deja vu."
Right then, I passed out because I was so tired.

When I woke up, my eyes shut, I felt heat. I think It's body heat. And. . .
Someones stroking my hair. It feels so nice. If I open my eyes, this moment would stop, but I want to know who it is and I also have to pee like a freaking race horse.
I slowly opened my eyes to at least see where I was. The thing that I saw scared me to death, though.
Everything here was black.
I sat up and scanned everything. The one who was stroking my hair was Tristan.
"Good morning sleepy head."
"Tristan? Where are we?"
"In one of those dreams where you dream of nothing." He told me. I laid my head back down on Tristan's lap.
"Okay. . . Can you stroke my hair again, please? It felt so good." I told him. He smiled and started stroking my hair again. "Tristan? Why am I the one who you love?"
"I don't know. . . That's just how it is. . . Now, if you go back to sleep, then you'll wake up in the inkworld." Tristan whispered in my ea