Chapter 47: Protecting Zayn

Start from the beginning

"Didn't you see what Liam is doing?"

"No..." Niall answered innocently. "What is he trying to do anyway?"

"He's trying to sweep you off of your feet," Zayn scoffed.

"Don't be ridiculous. He's usually like that."

"Yeah, right," Zayn rolled his eyes out in frustration.

"Hey! You lovebirds we're working!" Louis called out Niall and Zayn who were talking intimately; their bodies were so close that it could be mistaken to something else. The two DJs averted their attention to Niall and Zayn, who were sweating profusely at Louis' randomness. They were literally surprised and so was the two DJs. Liam had to act fast before they could get another earful from the management later.

"Louis is joking," Liam laughed forcefully towards the two DJs, their mouths were wide open from the shock.

Liam slid his arms behind Louis and whispered something to his ear.

"Careful, if you don't stop, we're gonna get yelled at later."

"But I don't like when people feeling each other up..." Louis said bitterly as Liam glanced at Niall and Zayn. The mere sight of Zayn touching Niall made his stomach turned upside down but there's nothing he could at the moment. For the most part, he was terrified that maybe one day his worst nightmare would shatter his beating heart, and that would be for Niall and Zayn together.

"Cool your jets, okay," Liam shushed Louis, trying his best to calm down his agitated friend. Who knows what kind of damage that Louis can unleash once he erupted from the frustration building up on him.

"But Harry..." Louis pouted.

"...is not here," Liam finished Louis' sentence. He was a little bit concerned for Louis and Harry's relationship. He always knew that their relationship was the stable one but for the past few days, he noticed something different about them. Only people who were close to them would spot the subtleness about them.

"I have to talk to him," Louis begged.

"Not now," Liam replied immediately, soothing his agitated friend. "I promise after this, I'll help you."

Within seconds, Liam noticed the tension visible on Louis' face gradually vanished followed by a genuine smile and it made him happy and relieved at the same time.

"Thanks Liam," Louis pressed his hand against Liam's shoulder.

"No problem."

The two stunned DJs were brought back to reality when Louis purposefully cleared his throat loud enough.

"Sorry about that, you know me," Louis stated, chuckling nervously. "I'm a jokester," he continued. "I apologize for my randomness earlier."

Randy and Tina were slowly returning to their own state of mind, believing into Louis.

"No biggie," Tina laughed nervously along with Randy. She then pressed the 'On Air' button on her dashboard.

"Good morning, New Yorkers! We're back again here in the station with One Direction. So fellas, how does it feel to be famous?" Randy asked enthusiastically, glancing into the lads one by one.

"I wouldn't exactly call it 'famous,'" Liam answered politely, air quoting the word famous.

"So what would you call it then?" Tina interjected.

"Yeah, what would you call it then, Liam?" Louis interrupted with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Both DJs couldn't help but to laugh at Louis' statement.