The Drama And Emotional Situation

"WHAT??!" I asked with my mouth hanging open.

"Yes. And Miss Flynn has asked you to report backstage by 2nd period. All right? See ya.. " Rory finished and went away.

I was in the school and the first thing that I noticed was, students were in a hurry, gathering stuffs. The teachers were dressed in a formal attire and moreover classes weren't there. Damien left with Andy to do god knows what and Emily and Blake were with me. Then out of nowhere this Rory girl came and informed that the Drama for which I was supposed to sing is today!!

I didn't even practice!! I don't know anything rather than the plot! I was going to make a fool, no scratch that - I was literally going to make a humongous fool out of my self.

Seeing my panicked expression Emily squeezed my hand.
"Don't worry, you'll do great. "

I snorted. " Great?! I'm going to ruin the damn drama. " I said groaning.

Meanwhile Damien had returned with Andy.

" Can't you sing?! " Damien asked worried.

" I.. I don't know.. I haven't practised and I forgot the lyrics and I.. " I couldn't finish my sentence as I saw the girls of the Drama waving at me cheerfully.

" Amy! I love your voice and I know you're going to rock it today! " the girl who was performing as Liana in the Drama chirped. Her original name I think was Macy.

" Oh yes we're super excited Amy! Crack it today " Arianna whose name was Alexa in the Drama said smiling.

I nodded weakly.

" See ya.. " the both chorused, and went to the direction of the backstage.

I was feeling so pathetic. These girls were expecting me to rock the show but how can I, when I don't have the courage to even show up.

My friends were constantly muttering encouraging words to me but it wasn't helping. I ignored them and ran to the direction of the backstage.

I need to tell Miss Flynn that o couldn't...i couldn't perform. That I was weak like a piece of shit.

I heard Emily calling me but I didn't turn back.

Reaching backstage I saw students everywhere! They were dressed up in beautiful gowns and everyone was excited. I was feeling so guilty that because of me their play will get spoiled. But I just couldn't....

I searched frantically for Miss Flynn but couldn't find her anywhere. Where do people go when you need them the most?!

"Miss Williams? "

I turned around to see our principal Mr Folks.

" Hello sir.. ".

" You look a little distracted, may I know what's wrong? " he asked concerned.

" Sir.. I can't sing. Sir I haven't prepared and I just can't make our play horrible by singing.. Sir I... I can't do this.. " I said feeling guilty.

He looked at me for a moment.

" Come and sit. " he said pointing to a bench.

I agreed and sat down with him.

" Do you know what I like about you the most? " he asked me suddenly. " You're brave and courageous. I told you on the very first day when you came to my office Amanda. You're not a normal girl who goes to shopping malls, or dresses for the boys or put a huge amount of make up. You're different. Your past scares you and you hate the way you are... "

I kept silent.

" But you overcame it. You're no longer that messed up girl. You've friends and you've a smile on your face which defines how much you've changed. When first Miss Flynn told me about your singing, I thought you would back away then and there. But you didn't. That means you've something nagging you that you can do it. ". He said.