Connie's struggle

*Me trying to type as my cat climbs all over me*

*READ THIS!!!* BTW, the pillow I mention in the story, I picture it like the same one in the episode where Steven met Lion. Just to help you guys out since that's where I'm coming from. *READ THIS!!!*

Guys! I hit 1k reads!!! That made me grin from ear to ear! Thank you for all the positive feedback! I appreciate every single read, vote, and comment. If I know this makes you happy, it makes me happy! And it's Friday!!!! Yay!!!

Connie got out of bed. Tired. She didn't sleep at all from thinking about a possibility of Steven not coming back. She couldn't live with herself if her only friend was gone. She went downstairs to grab a breakfast bar and her laptop (Me every morning :P) and went back upstairs to her room. She watched some YouTube to try and get her mind off things. During her videos, she would glance at the little pillow with Steven's gem on it, to see if anything has changed. (I just saw a flash of lightning outside my window! Yay!!! I love storms! O.o I hear thunder! :D Sorry, random ^_^) Nothing ever changed throughout the day. Before Connie knew it, she spent her whole day watching YouTube and it was night. She hopped into bed, trying to get some sleep. It took a while but she finally did.

*Connie's Dream*

Connie is in a black void, just floating in the middle. There's no light except for a little flame right above her.  All of a sudden, everything around her turned from black to bright colors. Those colors became shapes, and soon, she was standing on an island. Soon, more little flames appeared in front of her, leading her somewhere. She followed until she turned around a corner. Around the corner, was Steven. He looked the same before he disappeared into his gem, except more healed up. They ran towards each other and hugged each other. Before Connie could say anything, Steven kissed her, causing her to blush and feel content. She was with her Steven again and that was all that mattered. Steven pulled away and said " Connie, I'll be coming back soon. Just be patient. I'm almost healed and I'm making a few changes to my form. I can't wait to hold you in my arms. For real". Connie just gave him a look, like "What da heck did you just say???" "You'll understand soon," Steven said.

*Reality*

Connie woke up. She tried to comprehend what she just saw. She looked over at her pillow and saw that is wasn't her normal pillow. It was the gem pillow. Connie finally understood why Steven was talking to her. She slept on his gem and he was able to talk to her! She was so excited to see him again since she knew what to do. She got dressed in a dark blue shirt, some denim shorts, and some sandals and ran over to the temple. She just had to tell the gems what had happened. When she got there, the gems were in the kitchen discussing that possibilities Steven is coming back. They stopped as soon as Connie walked in. Pearl started to say hello, but in the middle of that, Connie started to talk excitedly about how she communicated with Steven in her dream. The gems were overjoyed to know that Steven was for sure coming back and that he was doing OK. Pearl cried tears of joy, Amethyst started dancing, and Garnet, she just stood there. All she could say was "Good". 

*Back at Connie's house*

Connie was upstairs in her room when her parents finally came home. She ran downstairs and asked them why it took so long to get back. They had to get a rental car since Connie took the one they had while visiting family. Except there wasn't one ready for the first few days so they had to stay with the family longer. Connie apologized and explained that she was OK. Steven protected her, but she wasn't able to protect him. She was holding the pillow with Steven's gem and her parents didn't really know what was going on, so they just stayed out of that. She went back up to her and watched YouTube again until it was time to go to bed. She got ready and got comfy while her head was resting on the pillow with Steven's gem.

*Connie's Dream*

Connie was back in the blackness again. She then saw Steven appear out  of the blackness and said "Ready?" Everything around them turned into the beach area where they first met/ fused. Steven snapped and his outfit changed. He wore his normal star shirt and his denim shorts, and a beautiful sea foam green beach dress was put on Connie. He snapped and some nice slow music was put on." Connie Maheswaran, may I have this dance?" Steven said. Connie replied, "Of course. Why are you doing this? You should be focused on healing,". "I'd rather be with you Connie," said Steven. Steven took Connie's hand and danced with her. No words were spoken. They just looked at each other and danced. Connie was happy again. The gem was was over and she didn't have to worry about a thing. She could see Steven, even though he was inside his gem. Steven then dip kissed Connie.

*Reality*

Connie woke up kissing the pillow with Steven's gem and really wished the dream didn't end there. She wanted to talk to him and be with him more. She had to wait. It was morning. All she could think about was Steven.

DO YOU THINK I SHOULD RELEASE THE NEXT CHAPTER EARLY???

Hi! I needed to bring more romance in this since there was lots of drama in the last few chapters so I hope this was good.