The brunette, whose eyes were dark brown, inspected Jewel up and down before grinning. "I think we can handle it."

Before I knew it, I was skipping through the ice-cold ocean, tossing water at two random teenage boys with my best friend, Jewel. And I was having a blast doing so.

While I lifted my leg to kick water at the blonde boy, he grabbed my leg. I hopped around on one foot, desperately trying not to fall backwards into the bitter ocean. "Ah, stop it!" I yelled, laughing my head off. I hadn't had that much fun in Maine ever. It was so different having Jewel with me. She always offered so much fun, even to the dullest of moments. That was one of the many reasons why I loved her.

The blonde smiled at me, letting go of my leg. "You're cute," he said matter-of-factly. "What's your name?"

I blushed and looked down at the dark blue sea. "I'm April," I said. "You know...like the month."

Grinning, he nodded. "My name's Travis, like the famous drummer."

"You mean the drummer of Blink 182? Travis Barker?" I asked him, looking over at Jewel who was laughing with the brunette.

Travis's light blue eyes sparkled. "You got it!" He wet his hands and ran his fingures through his messy, dirty-blonde hair. So. Cute. "You listen to them?"

"Are you kidding? I love them! I thought I was the only one...Well, where I live I pretty much am," I blurted quickly, pulling my hair out of its pony tail and dunking it into the water. When it hit my back, I shivered. It was so freezing!

"Where do you live?"

"Worcester, Massachusetts," I told him, looking into his sky-blue, glistening eyes. He nodded, staring out at the sun beginning to settle down. "What about you?"

"I actually live in New York City. And I'm going back home tomorrow morning..."

I was a bit surprised with his answer and also very upset that he was leaving so soon. But I wasn't about to tell him that part...I always thought NYC was a cool place to live, but it was nothing like Maine. "Hmm...What brings you here?" I wondered aloud.

"Well, I'm here with my parents, aunt, uncle, and cousin. My mom and my aunt wanted to visit Maine because they used to live here when they were younger. They're sisters."

"Ohhhh," I said, nodding. I looked at the brunette who was in deep conversation with Jewel not too far away. "Is he your cousin?" I asked as Jewel starting cracking up, her long blonde hair shining in the light of the sun.

"Yup, he sure is. His name is Duncan. He's a year older than me, but we're pretty close. How about her? Is she your sister?" Travis asked, pointing at Jewel.

I beamed. "You can say that..." Jewel glanced over at us and flashed me a bright smile.

Duncan and Jewel began to walk over to us. "Yo, dude. We gotta go. We're going out to dinner, remember? I'm pretty sure our reservations are decently early, too," Duncan told Travis.

"Oh, yeah. I almost forgot, man." Travis looked back at me and smiled. "This is our last night here. How about we meet up later?" he asked me hopefully.

I turned to Jewel, silently asking if she would want to get together with them again that night. She nodded softly. "I'd love to," I said to him.

"Cool, we'll meet you guys on this part of the beach at about ten. Sound okay?" Duncan offered, looking straight into Jewel's blue eyes.

We all agreed and said our short goodbyes that would be a lot longer that night. As soon as the two boys walked away, Jewel and I screamed, jumping up and down like maniacs.