-1-

Zoey
My alarm starting buzzing, creating a loud and obnoxious sound echo throughout my room. My instant reaction was to cover myself with my blanket, trying to block out the noise for in order for me to try to go back to sleep, but after laying there for almost 2 minutes, I grew impatient making me sit up and instantly press the snooze button. I could feel the light of the sun shine down right through the glass of my window, slightly seeping through passed my curtains, creating a bed of light on my lap over top of the blanket. I rubbed my eyes and yawned, fussing with my hair, I looked around my room seeing how much of a mess it was, a few shirts and sweats scattered all around the floor. My desk was cluttered with school work, I almost couldn't see where my laptop was sitting. I then heard my mom call out out of the blue.
"Zoey, come on, we have an announcement!"
I turned to the door after I had heard her voice.
"Coming!"
I pulled my legs off of the edge of my bed facing towards my door and slipped both my feet into my fuzzy blue slippers. I extended both of my arms up into the air above me and let out one last stretch and yawn before I finally decided to stand up and walk out of the room. I walked down the stairs leading me to the living room. I then walked into the dining room seeing mom and dad.
"Morning sweetie, come sit"
I rubbed my eyes again and sat down. I could feel the tension in the room, knowing they were staring at me...What's going on? Why does everything seem off? Is something wrong? I looked at them seeing the looks on their faces had suddenly changed. Before I sat down, they were filled with so much excitement, until I saw that their smiles had faded.
"What's up?"
"Um...me and your dad are going to Canada."
And that's when my heart dropped...

The only thing I remember of most of my childhood was that I was so close with my parents...Every day we would spend most of our days playing in the backyard, as I started high school, that all began to change when they started to work almost every day to the point I barely see them...Now I hear this...

"For work?"
They nodded. I only sighed, I never hated them for it, it was just very lonely, it was only me and my brother at home most of the time growing up. It wasn't bad, its just better when we're all together. But up until my brother ended up joining X Factor all those years ago, I seemed to have lost him too...
"When are you guys leaving?"
"Tonight at 9:00pm."
All that I could think of is that I'll be all by myself...all over again...for god knows how long this time. I'm only 17 and I'm already taking steps a 20 year old would be taking by being able to live by themselves, and honestly, I don't think I can handle that yet. Not again.
"Am I staying here alone?"
My parents only looked at each other, and that's when I saw them smile again. Confused, I only stared at them.
"Actually, you're going to stay with your brother, Louis."
The second they mentioned my brothers name, a little spark ignited in my chest, filled with nothing but excitement knowing I get to see him again. Only the thing is...My eyes widened. Louis...and his band mates!!!!
"What?!?"
"Calm down sweetie, I promise you, Louis is going to take care of you. Just like he always did when you guys were younger, remember?"
"But b-"
She only interrupted me. No explanation.
"No buts, get your suitcases and start packing, I'm going to drop you off at his house at 3:00pm later this afternoon." 
I sighed and stood up from the table and walked towards the stairs.

I opened my bedroom door once I made it to the end of the hallway, making me look around my room. I stared at every wall, covered with pictures of me and my family. Every memory we shared in this house. Every memory I have in this room. I started to pick up clothes off the ground and clean up my room, knowing I probably won't be back here for I don't know how long. After cleaning my room, I ran into the bathroom to take a shower.
I then changed into some dark blue jeans and a white shirt after I dried my hair and combed it down, leaving it wavy. I walked out of the bathroom and opened my closet, and reached up to the top shelf of my closet to  take out my suitcases and lay them out onto the clean floor. I zipped them all open and started to plan out how I'm going to pack everything that I need in order to survive living with my brother...and his bandmates. Just the thought of it made me nervous. I started to take clothes out of my dressers and closet and pack them into the suitcases, organizing them to fit perfectly inside. I managed to fill a suitcase with a whole bunch of clothes, neatly packed into one huge case meanwhile I had packed another large suitcase with items that are just way to valuable for me to stay away from. This included some books, photo albums, my school work and other random things to keep me from getting bored while I was staying at his house. I then filled a backpack with my laptop, my iPod and earphones, as well as my sketchbook and other essentials in order for me to survive the drive all the way to Louis' house. After that, my room suddenly felt so empty, everything was still there, my bed, my dresser, everything, but I feel like I've stripped the essence of the room all in under an hour of packing...A rush of memories just suddenly flashed through my mind as I noticed how clean and tidy my room was...It almost felt like I was growing up for some reason...letting go...even if it's just for a little while.

- - -

It was already 2:55pm as I dragged my suitcases down the stairs, hoping to god that I didn't stumble and fall in the process. Mom and dad already had their suitcases sitting in the living room, ready to leave. I sighed again, knowing this house is going to be completely empty. I had my phone and iPod in hand, ready to leave. I slipped into my white Vans and put on my grey beanie. I then put my glasses on and fixed my hair to let it sit on my left shoulder.
"You ready to go?"
Mom said as I nodded, adjusting my backpack over my shoulders and dragged my suitcases out the front door and towards the van.