He cheesed and bumped his forehead lightly against mine before running up the stairs. I smiled myself and picked up his bowl, going into the kitchen and emptying the milk into the sink.

My connections were growing colder, and it bothered me. Vinny and BNard were fighting over some woman who didn't even know officially who the father of the child was, Taniyah turned out to be a lying ass hoe, and my own Moma is trying to set me up along with my step father and his gay ass son, also known as my half brother.

Morgan came back down the stairs with a camo green True Religion shirt, black rocks, and tea black roshes. I grinned and dapped him up after leaning down to his level.

"Nice ass choice. We can match and shit. But don't tell yo Moma cause that's gay. And I ain't with that homo shit." I nonchalantly said, and he giggled as I picked him up and spun his in the air. We both went up stairs and I helped him get washed up while I showered. I picked him up and placed him on my shoulders so he could see himself brushing his teeth in the mirror. We brushed together and sung the whole time. This lil nigga brought so much happiness in my life.

Being in the drug business bought you a lot of pain and sorrow, and I was tired of feeling that. But when I look back on it, I love doing what I do and the money and fast lanes that come with it.

"You ready?" I asked as Morgan laced his shoes up. He nodded and I grabbed his bag full of snacks and toys before locking the house up. We got into my Camaro and started the drive to Imoni's house.

I partially wondered why BNard stopped fucking with her, but I guess that all relationships don't last. I bobbed my head to trap music as Morgan played with his car toys in his lap. Right as I pulled into Imoni's drive way, I got a call from Vin.

"Hello ?" I answered as I got out of the car and took Morgan out of his booster seat. "Kaden man Hakeem slit Da'Jah's throat, now they saying she might not make it. And if she dies the baby will die, I'm losing my mind man. I don't even care if the baby is Bashir's, I really love this female." He sobbed through the phone and I sighed as I slung Morgan's bag over my shoulder.

"Alright look Vincent I'll be down to the hospital to check up on you and ya girl in a hour or two. Right now I'm taking Morgan to see his Moma." I said, hoping he would understand. Besides, his bitch wasn't close to me, therefor I didn't see the need to rush to the hospital. If it was Vin however, I would've rushed the minute he got the words out.

"Thanks man, we in room 478 on the 4th floor. Stay low.." I nodded and hung up the phone as I walked up the steps with Morgan.

"Did you remember to put my medicine in your bag ?" I asked as I rung the doorbell. Morgan pulled my pill bottle out of his pocket and handed it to me, making me smile and grab some apple juice out of his bag. I took two pills and drunk them down, silently praying to god I didn't get to crazy before my medicine kicked in.

"You ready to see yo cry baby ass Moma?" Morgan glared at me but smiled as Imoni came to the door. "Kaden ? Come in! I didn't know you were stopping by.." She quietly said as she extended the door for us to walk in. Her behavior was off and I noted that as I raised my eyebrow and held Morgan back by his shoulder.

"Where Maria ? She here?" I asked nonchalantly as I eyed Imoni. She nodded with a forced smile and extended the door again. "She's inside watching tv, come in, please." Her voice got impatient on the please so I let Morgan run into the house. "Something wrong Moni?" I asked as I put my hand on my glock. She shook her head slowly and gave me another forced smile.

"I'm sure your girlfriend would be happy to see you, gone head !" I rolled my eyes and walked in to see Morgan and Maria squeezing the life out of each other. I smiled and set his bag on the floor as I took a seat on the couch. Behind us, Imoni locked the door and went up stairs.