~15~

Alex: 16
Lily: 15
Violet: 5

Lily's P.O.V

A lot has changed over the past year. Alex was on drugs and alcohol and I had become best friends with Ella, I'd also discovered that I'm a lesbian and that I was in love with my best friend.

"So do you want to sleep over mine tonight?" Ella asked, I nodded and she smiled laying next to me, her hand brushed against my leg causing my skin to appear in goose bumps.

I turned over and looked at her, her pink hair falling perfectly around her and I wanted nothing more than to kiss her.

"Why are you staring at me?" She giggled, stretching and placing her hands above her head. I gulped as I watched her back arch as she groaned,

"I just really like your hair."

"Aw thanks sweetie." She laughed.

"I better go ask my mum if I can..." I said and trailed downstairs.

"Hey mum, can I sleep over Ella's tonight...?" I questioned hopefully.

"Um, can't Ella stay over here? Would that make it easier for her?" Mum asked as Violet danced around the living room, as mum tried to vacuum.

"Well, Alex usually comes in drunk and Violet loves to bug us, plus she'll come in my room at night." I complained.

"I don't want you going to Ella's house, just stay here tonight," mum told me and I groaned before rolling my eyes and heading back into my bedroom.

"She said she'd prefer it if we slept here tonight," Ella's face flashed with something but I couldn't put my finger on it. "I'm sorry." I muttered

"It's okay, it's not your fault, baby." She joked and I tried to get over the way butterflies exploded in my tummy.

We laid on the bed as her dad texted her saying it was alright.

She leaned into me and smiled up at me. I felt awful.

How could I have fallen for my best friend?