I Won't Let Go

Who's excited for the 4th of September? #Can'tSleepLove. And then the full album in October !! I'm so excited for them!

-------------------

"Hey Kirst, I need to get something from the roof, will you help me?" Mitch mumbled as he strutted around his apartment, looking for the certain coat he was wanting to wear. They were only going for a short trip up to the roof but still Mitch had to look good. Kirstie had no idea what he could possibly want from up there, it was pretty much empty - she would know from her numerous trips up there with Avi. Maybe something had been put up there since the last time she had been, it had been a month after all, plenty of things could change in that time.

It was Halloween and that meant the infamous Grassi's Annual Spookfest would be held that night at a hotel's ballroom across the city. She had only been once before when she had just met Mitch so she had missed out of the panic that was Mitch pre-party therefore seeing him in that state for the first time was hilarious. His parents had elected him as the chief party organiser since he had the best style out of all of them which meant Mitch had been running around the city all day to make sure all the pieces were coming together. It was a Saturday which meant that Kirstie had two shows so unfortunately her and Scott got to miss out on most of the fun of seeing a frazzled Mitch (he got even more sassy and funny when stressed) and they would even have to come to the party late but they didn't really mind that, it meant they missed out on seeing all the important and unfriendly guests that Mitch had been forced to invite. For Kirstie it also meant less time at the party dateless.

Avi had not been in touch much the past week, she had received a text now and then to update her on how he was and what he was up to but there had been no calls, no video chat, no mention on whether he would return to her. Kirstie was beginning to think maybe Kevin had been wrong, maybe this was Avi's way of shaking her off so they didn't have a terrible break up.

"Sure... what do you have up there anyway?" Kirstie forced cheerfulness as she replied, Avi's absence had been really getting her down and Mitch would clock her for it every time she let it show. She knew he only did it because he cared but it was beginning to get annoying, she didn't really want to talk about it as speaking of him only made her feel worse and Mitch was very, very persistent.

"Just some stuff." Mitch sang as he came back into the room with a jacket that probably cost more than her apartment.

"Okay?" Kirstie muttered confused, the responsibility of planning a party had made Mitch act really shady. She pulled on her own coat and followed him to the door of his apartment. It took him a while to figure out how to open it since he hardly ever used it, as he had the penthouse he had the privileged of being able to get the elevator straight up to his apartment.

The wind hit them as soon as Mitch pulled open the heavy door to the roof. Kirstie shivered the instant the crisp air met her skin, as a Texas native, she knew she would never get used to New York's fall temperatures. Mitch held the door open for her as she walked out of the roof but he didn't follow her. Instead he just smirked at her and reached down to the floor to find something to prop the door open.

"What are you doing?" She giggled uncomfortably, she was beginning to believe Mitch's power over the planning of the party must have sent him delirious. Mitch just smirked and pointed behind her before turning flawlessly on his heels.

"Um, Mitch?" She called after him nervously as she walked back towards the door. If this was Mitch's artistic way of telling her she was annoying him, she wasn't a fan. Just when she was about to yank the door open once more, she heard the clearing of someone's throat behind her and a shiver ran down her back. Great, Mitch must of been part of a murder plot.