Demons

"Chase, what are you doing here?" Kirstie said hastily as she manoeuvred herself away from being pushed up against the table and pulled down her dress. Avi was quickly redoing his half open shirt hovering nervously behind her, unsure at what was going on. Was this guy a threat or a friend? He had no clue.

Chase smirked over at the two looking almost as obnoxious as the full white suit he was wearing. "Just checking up of you and your new tramp of a boyfriend." Definitely a threat.

"We're fine, now please leave." Kirstie forced out through clenched teeth. She hated Chase with a passion, there was a reason she no longer wanted to be associated with him.

"You know having sex in a public place is illegal?" He stated dryly.

She could sense Avi moving closer to her, probably in case he felt the need to pull her behind him in a matter of moments. "I pretty sure you have put us off for the next century." Kirstie spat out bitterly, she really hated him and Avi was slowly beginning to sense that.

"Well I'm glad to hear that, I just love being able to help the welfare of the public." He feigned an genuine tone that they could all see through.

Kirstie crossed her arms across her chest and attempted to stare him down. "What are you still doing here?"

"I just wanted to know why you chose this loser when you could have had me. I heard he was homeless until you took pity on him." Both Kirstie and Avi wanted to punch that smug look of his face but only Avi seemed willing to go through with it. He pulled Kirstie behind him a little rougher that his usual way of handling her and stared furiously at the disrespectful intruder with clenched fists.

"Woah there tiger, don't want you to ruin that suit. It looks too expensive for you to replace." Kirstie knew this would hit Avi's insecurities bad and grimaced when she saw him suddenly stand up straighter.

"Leave. Now." Avi spoke for the first time since Chase had entered the room. It made Kirstie shiver at how menacing it sounded, it was lower than usual and sounded more like a growl that words. She hated it, it scared her to think about what trouble he could cause if he was that angry. She wasn't scared of him though - she was certain he would never lash out his anger on her, she was more scared at the thought of what he could be capable of.

"Or what?" Even though she no longer had a good view of the scene since Avi had blocked her, she could imagine the satisfied smirk that was probably decorating Chase's face. He had gotten the rise out of him he was after and there was no doubt that he would be proud of his accomplishment for days to come.

"You don't want to know." There was that voice again that Kirstie hated. She lightly placed her palm in-between his shoulder blades in an attempt to comfort him but he only relax slightly.

"Ohh I can see why people think he's abusive now." Chase nonchalantly spoke and leaned to the side to get a good view of Kirstie and talk to her. "Top tip: don't aim for her face - that's your money maker there." He pointed at Avi as he spoke like he was some kind of master giving a student a lesson. Avi tensed up even more than he was before and Kirstie knew his composure was going to crumble any second.

Kirstie grabbed his arm tight before he could make a move. "Come on Avi. Let's leave this ass to wallow in his own filth. We are not sinking to his level."

Sick of taking the damsel in distress role, she hastily took control of the situation and roughly began to pull Avi out of the room. Chase had began to chuckle slightly under his breath at the reaction he got out of Avi which caused Kirstie to throw him a glare. She knew he was harmless, all his punches came out of his mouth but that didn't stop her from feeling the need to threaten him to not attack them. Avi resisted at first but Kirstie's forceful tugs eventually made him give in to her intentions. She pulled him hurriedly out of the room and all the way out of the building before he sharply pulled out his arm from her grip.