Upwards Over The Mountain

Mitch and Scott, as Kirstie had predicted, had spent the entire time the two were at her apartment flirting and just generally being all over each other. Mitch had entertained them by successfully making them all cocktails from the limited stash of spirits Kirstie had in her apartment while throwing out as many innuendos as he could. He had Scott bawling with laughter with each phallic reference he made which had greatly pleased Mitch. There was nothing better than a good, responsive (and cute) audience. Kirstie, on the other hand, had giggled along with the jokes but wasn't as vocal of her amusement. She was just happy to see her only two close friends in the city enjoying each other's company. The city could be lonely at times but it was moments like these that reminded her that her move here was not a mistake.

The flirty couple were currently talking about the past fashion week which Mitch had a major show at. When she had first moved to the city a few years ago straight out of high school, Mitch was practically a nobody. She had never heard about him until a couple of years later when he had blown up over night. Scott, who was a lot more involved in fashion than her, had also never heard of Mitch until his self proclaimed queen, Beyoncé, facebooked about a shirt Mitch had designed. Every since then, he had been obsessed and dying to meet him, when he found out she had moved into his apartment building, he had begged her for an introduction. Kirstie was certain that he had bought everything he could afford from his collection but she was sure that if he ever wanted more, Mitch would happily give him some for free just for being cute.

Kirstie just sat there listening to the two talk, cocktail in hand. She didn't really have any comments to add about the subject, when it came to fashion she was never a label obsessor, she bought what looked good on her regardless of who made it. Mitch was retelling an amusing story of how he embarrassed himself in front of Alexia Chung at an after party and the two were in tears of laughter, gripping on to each other for mutual support. Kirstie knew that she had to help the two along the way to getting together, they were too cute together for her to resist interfering. She wanted nothing more than her friends' happiness and they sure as hell looked happy together.

The oversized clock on her wall  told her that it was just past 11. All the third wheeling she had done that evening had forced her to think of him (as she did quite often) and how desperately she wanted to see him. If she decided to leave just then, she would probably catch him - that is if he actually played on a Monday, she wouldn't know. If she left to go see him, it would be a perfect way to leave Scott and Mitch alone for an hour. If she left to see him, she knew that would change the whole dynamic of what was going on between them. Before then it had been a matter of convenience, she needed to get home, he needed money. But if she purposely went to see him, that changed everything. It would mean whatever the crazy thing that they had would become a voluntary thing, she would be purposely seeking him out. This was new territory for them and Kirstie hoped to God that he would like it. 

"I'm going to run to the store to get some popcorn and stuff for our movie later, do you want anything?" She stood up from her position on her couch and got ready to leave her apartment.

"Erm, no Kirst I think I'm good. What about you Katherine?" Scott slurred due to the alcohol in his system, he had probably had two times as much as Kirstie but no where near as much as Mitch who was in that moment posing for a selfie.

"Mamma is good." He repositioned himself to get Scott in on the selfie action. "Be careful on that disgusting train of yours. Don't let anybody who is wearing crocs pick you up." She smirked to herself, Kirstie knew exactly who she would want to be picked up by and he certainly didn't wear crocs.

"Only if you be careful with my boyfriend!" She joked as she walked out of her apartment and heard Mitch mumble something incoherent back to her which made Scott erupt with laughter.