Compass

I'm Back! Im amazed at how many people have voted and read this fic, I genuinely believed that I was going to write it and it was going to be stuck in the back pages of Wattpad forever! Thank you so much!

----------------------

Kirstie rolled over in her bed in delight when she woke up to remember that it was Monday which meant it was her day off. She loved working at her show, and she loved her cast - especially Scott who was a darling, but eight shows a week really did tire her. She felt emotionally drained every moment which she wasn't high on red bull or coffee and the only thing that seemed to keep her sane was the hope of seeing him when she headed home. Yet it was Monday so her hopes of seeing him that night was non-existent, she hadn't reached the stage yet where she was mental enough to go deeper into the city at night just to see him (though she had thought about it a couple of times on hard days).

Content from her lie-in, she hopped out of bed into her living area to make herself a pot of coffee. Scott was coming over today so she made a list of all the chores she needed to do before he came over a few hours later.

She started by making herself look somewhat presentable pulling on a comfortable sweater and leggings combo before attempting to tame her hair. Since she had cut it shorter, it had become a wild untameable mess every time she woke up which was real fun to deal with. Thank God she wore a wig in the show. She had decided to put off having a shower and doing her make-up until later, there was no point getting clean to only get dirty again later.

She climbed down the stairs of her apartment block to go get her mail, she wasn't fancy enough yet to pay the doorman to bring it up for her nor did she want him to - she liked to feel independent. She groaned when she saw a piece of mail that was obviously from the bank, when she got letter like those it usually meant taking a trip down there which was stressful enough in any city but even more stressful in NYC.

"Hey Girl!" Mitch Grassi's cheerful tone could be recognised anywhere.

"Hey Mitch." She turned around to see Mitch standing there as fashionable as ever. She was surprised that he even talked to her, he was the owner of the penthouse, a magnificent fashion designer and an elite member of the New York circle. All of them factors screamed 'Old Money', no one got that reputation and that rich at such a young age without being helped along by their parents. She was new money, new to to society and new to fame, most of the Upper East Siders ignored her, waiting for her five minutes of fame to be over but not Mitch. Kirstie didn't know if that was because he genuinely liked her or because he wanted to stay current. Most rich people who showed interest in her only did so for an investment, to promote themselves whenever she tweeted about them etc. Regardless of his reasons, Kirstie appreciated that whenever he talked to her, he made her so much more content. He was walking positivity.

"Did I see you coming out of the Subway last night?" He raised his sunglasses as he came to a stop in front of her. She suddenly became self conscious of what she was wearing as not only was she standing next to a fashion designer but a guy who was wearing sunglasses in September. "Girl you are from the UPS now, get a driver."

She shrugged. Mitch never made her uncomfortable despite how sarcastic he could be. He was slowly becoming her only friend in this neighbourhood which she greatly appreciated, she was new to this part of town and Mitch had taught her how to act like she had lived there her entire life. "I like the Subway."

He jokingly glared at her. "No one likes the Subway. It's gross." He crinkled his nose in disgust presumably from recalling a memory of the underground.

Kirstie blushed and became flustered over thinking about the real reason she loved the Subway so much. "It just reminds me of how far I've come, you know." No it didn't. It reminded her of him and his guitar.