Chapter 51- Status Asthmaticus Part 2

(Liam GIF to the side)

Song: James Vincent McMorrow- Cavalier

*

*

*

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I looked to my side to see that Scott wasn't there. Scott was no where to be soon. My eyebrows furrowed. I stood up and stretched my back and spotted Melissa inserting a syringe into Hayden's skin. Her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at Hayden's arm. Curiosity obviously took over me. 

"It's on her neck too." Liam said as he tilted Hayden's head slightly. "She's getting worse isn't she?"

Melissa nodded. "Yeah, which is why we're taking her to the hospital."

"How's that gonna help?" Liam asked.

"We're in an Animal Clinic and I need equipment designed for humans." She puts on her coat. "I said that we're gonna take her to the hospital, I didn't say we're going through the front door."

I walked up to them as I rubbed my elbow, which was a bit sore from being on the rest arms of the chair. I bit the inside of my cheek as I looked down at Hayden, she looked even worse than before. Liam was staring at me. I saw the hint of sadness in his eyes. I just wanted to hug him, but I decided against it.

***

Melissa pressed the floor number as I stood behind Hayden. Hayden groaned slightly as she moved in her wheelchair. My eyes drifted off to the fluid bag which had a black liquid enter it. My eyes widened.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"I'm not sure but it's definitely not good." Melissa answered bluntly.

Hayden's hand rose up a bit and Liam took hold of it. Hayden looked up Liam. "My sister." She manages to say. Melissa leveled down to her level.

"Scott's in the halls looking for her right now," Melissa spoke softly "He's gonna bring her here as soon as he can," Hayden's eyes start to close. "Alright?" That's when my eyes stopped at her neck. A spot below her ear was purple and I clenched my jaw knowing what it is. I tightened my lips into a straight line and looked directly at the closed metal doors. Liam shook his head and looked down at their intertwined hands. He slowly drops her hand and waits for the doors to open. Melissa wheeled Hayden out and I felt my phone vibrate but I ignored it. I stopped in the halls as Liam laid a knocked out Hayden on the metal table. I pulled out my phone and noticed a text from Scott.

I'm at the library.

He probably knew that I was going to wonder where he went. I locked my phone and slipped it into my back pocket. I noticed Liam leave the room and press the elevator button. I quickly walked to his side. I was expecting him to stay with Hayden but I guess he has other plans.

"Where you going?" I asked as he looked up at me.

"Somewhere." Liam simply answered and stepped into the elevators once they opened. I stepped inside.

"Need a ride?" I asked as I turned around to face the halls. The doors seem to take forever to close.

"Sure." Liam simply replied and he pressed a floor. The elevator doors closed and I stared at the doors one again and licked my lips. 

Suddenly, Liam pushed me up against the wall of the elevators wall, my back hit the wall softly and  he quickly attached his lips to mine. Our lips moved in synchronization as butterflies fluttered in my stomach. My eyes fluttered shut as I feel Liam's hands travel to my waist. He pressed his body against mine. The kiss was passionate and aggressive. A mix that I seem to enjoy. My hands traveled up to his hair and I pulled lightly. He let out a moan against my lips. That's new... I like it. Then Hayden came to mind. I quickly pulled away from Liam, just in time because the elevator doors opened. His eyes widened in surprise as we both were breathing heavily. We stared at each other, while regaining our breath.