Chapter 50- Status Asthmaticus Part 1

Song: The NBHD- Silver

(Random Hannah GIF to the side.)

Scott was expected to say yes, never no. He would try his hardest to help people and I've seen this. It was a surprise to see him not bite Hayden. A small gasp escaped my lips as I watched the whole scene unravel before my eyes. I could feel the super moon and the moon usually doesn't affect me so this is a bit new. I haven't felt the moon for a long time and the feeling was overwhelming. I licked my lips as I watched Liam approach Scott. This moon is a lot harder on Liam because Liam still can't control himself as well on a regular full moon. Now a super moon is way too much for him to handle. 

"No." 

"What do you mean 'No'?" Liam stood in front of Scott.

"Liam, look at her," Scott spoke with calm. Liam turned around and looked at her before quickly looking back at Scott. "She's way too weak it will kill her. We don't even know what the mercury is doing to her, we don't even know if it actually is mercury." Hayden was squirming a bit, because of the pain. "This can't be the only way to save her." 

"It saved mine." Liam countered with a scowl on his face.

"That was different." Scott replied. "You were hanging off of the ledge." 

"You promised, you promised you would do everything you could." Liam's volume started to increase.

"Which is why I'm not gonna do something that I think is gonna kill her!" Scott exclaimed. Scott gasped. "There has to be- There has to-" Scott tried to regain his breath. Fucking asthma. I dug into my pockets for an inhaler and realized I left the spare one at home. I mentally cursed.

"Scott!" Theo called out. Scott looked up as Theo dug into his pocket and pulled out an inhaler. He tossed it and Scott easily caught it. He shook it and took a hit. 

"There's another way to save her." Scott spoke to Liam.

"Guys, I don't know about the statistics about surviving a werewolf bite but she's definitely not surviving this." Theo spoke and looked at us. "We need to do something." Hayden might not be my favorite person in the world but I didn't want to let her die. She tried to be nice to me but I was a complete bitch. Oh fuck. 

***

"What's that?" Liam asked Melissa. She grabbed a few fluid bags as she quickly got to work.

"It's called chelation therapy, It removes heavy metals from the blood. the problem is that it can injure the kidneys and Hayden only has one to begin with." Melissa stuck an IV onto Hayden and Hayden groaned in pain. Liam grabbed onto Melissa and I looked up at him.

"You're hurting her." Liam said through gritted teeth.

Melissa looked up at him. "And you're hurting me." My eyebrows furrowed as I looked up at Liam. This moon isn't going to be good for him. I can basically feel it. 

"Liam." I spoke softly and his eyes looked up at me. He gulped and let go of Melissa. He looked down and apologized to Melissa.

"Guys, remember," Theo spoke up looking between Scott and Liam. "We're here to save a life, not kill each other." 

"It's the full moon, you can feel it even during the day." Scott spoke as he looked at Liam. 

"And it's a super moon." Theo added.

"What is that supposed mean?" Melissa asked as she moved around. "You guys are like super strong, super aggressive?" 

"Both." I simply replied. I walked away and sat into some chairs. I sighed in relief once I finally get to sit. I rolled my shoulders around and rub my eyes.