Chapter Three-

Three-

 How long is jet-lag supposed to last? The different time zones are making me more fatigue than usual. It had already been two days and I was still tired. It was early Saturday morning and everyone in the house was still asleep. I'd set my alarm early so I could make sure I was ready in  time, I was not prepared to be the last one I walked down to the kitchen and started to make a cup of coffee, The sun rise was creeping through the blinds leaving the shimmer of dust floating through the air... I had my camera case over my shoulder.

  I sat on the porch staring into the early morning sun, Everyone was just about to start a new day repeating their everyday routines. I was sipping a cup of coffee with my bare feet touching the warm pavement, I touched my thumb feeling the skin raised leaving a scar. A man was jogging past when he stopped to take a drink of his water, He looked over at me, "Good morning." he smiled then carried on jogging, "Good morning." I shouted after him. I had decided to wear denim shorts and a loose lace top, I was already starting to catch a tan. I heard footsteps behind me I turned round to see Harley standing there, "Addison what are you doing?" I smiled, "Just taking in the view." He saw my camera case next to me, "I'll be back in a minute."

  I set my cup on the steps and took some pictures of the view, Harley came back through the door with a cup of coffee in one hand and a plate of pancakes in the other. "So you still like photography?" I sipped my coffee, "Yeah i guess so." He smiled and began eating his pancakes.

  I looked at his clothes, He'd chose some skinny jeans and a black t-shirt, He still looked tired, "What?" he said with a mouthful of pancakes, "Do you want one?" He edged the plate closer to me, "No thank you." He finished the last pancake and looked at me, "That was the best one and you didn't even taste it." He placed his Ray Bans on and looked into the direction of the sun. He'd never looked so different! Something had changed...

  I could feel Harley's stare on the back of me, "Wakey wakey sunshine." I turn to see Seth walk through the door, He also had Ray Bans on. His hair had only been ruffled with hands  I could tell small things like that. He sat next to Harley and they stare at each other giving each other 'the' smile. I look back onto the beach watching the water  glisten under the sun's rays. I got up and placed my camera bag on my shoulder reaching for my cup. Seth cleared his throat, "Erm is Harper up yet, I just want to get a clean pair of clothes?" I smiled, "I'll go see if she's awake for you." Harley smiled and laughed into his hand, Seth looked at him, "What?" I walked into the house  to see where Harper was. Harley shouted after me, "Addison don't put any more rubbish on your face." I smiled, "It's not rubbish it's called make-up." Time to find Harper...

  The weather is starting to get to me; my hair is so sticky and I feel flushed all the time, but the air con is cooling me down.

  Addison nudges me with her elbow, "I wonder how many girls Seth has slept with in that bed."

  Since we found out that Seth had given up his room so I could stay in it and he would be sleeping on the sofa, she has not stopped with this.

  "Addi I really don't care," I roll my jacket into a ball and lay against the window.

  She grins, "do you want me to ask him?"

  "No! I don't want to know about his sex life!"

  She sinks back into the seat and folds her arms in a sulk. I hate it when she does this when she doesn't get her own way, because she is used to getting everything. But good, she is quiet, now I can get five minutes.

  I really do not feel well; I think i'm home sick. I miss the cold breeze and the summer ice cream from Mr Whippy. I miss beans on toast and fish and chips, but most of all, I miss tea. I found out the hard way Seth and Harley don't have tea.