Samantha came inside, and I barely breathed. I didn’t hear any more sounds after that. What happened to her? Did she get shell shock because her oh so precious laptop wasn’t there?  I shifted a bit to see what she doing through a tiny crack, but a sudden blast of music interrupted me.

“I’m not crazy; I’m just a little unwell. I know, right now you can’t tell; but wait a while and maybe then you’ll see, a different side of me. I’m not crazy, I’m just a little impaired. I know, right now you don’t care; but soon enough you’ll think of me, and how I used to be, me.”

I hummed along until I realized that song was my ringtone. I fumbled to turn off my phone, but before I could, Samantha opened the closet door, and stood in front of it like a crazy strict principal who just caught some rule-breakers.

Busted…..

“Hi Sammy! What’s up?”

“Nothing really, I just caught my little sister in my closet, with my laptop. Somehow, I figure this relates to the reason why she was yelling at her laptop, and grumbling something an email from Aaron about an hour ago.”

“Hehe, well let’s just say my laptop is causing problems and I have a very important message to read, so I will borrow your laptop and return it soon okay? Bye bestest sister in the world! I love you! “I said, and then I ran for the door.

“Not so fast little sister, you aren’t leaving this room until I get my answers.”

“Samantha! Are you a ninja or something? You were just on the other side of the room, and now you’re suddenly in front of me!”

“I’m not a ninja; you’re just incredibly slow Liz. Now sit down and answer my questions young lady. You’re not leaving this room until you do.”

“I’m not slow! I’m average-paced, not a speedy person like you. And whoa, last time I checked you were my sister, not some sort of detective. Why do you want to know anyways? You obviously dislike Aaron.”

“Liz, it’s not like that. I just don’t think he’s right for you. I mean, he’s well on track for a player.”

“No he isn’t! I’ll prove it he isn’t! We just had a huge argument about it! And after that he sent me an email but my stupid laptop crashed twice and I didn’t get to read it, and please Sammy, let me borrow your laptop to read it! Please…”

“Fine, but you have to read it in front of me, and I get to read it too.”

“Fine, but I look at it first!”

She took the laptop from me and entered the password to unlock it. Looks like my plan wouldn’t have worked, so it’s kind of a good thing I got caught.

I logged into my email account, and saw two new emails from Aaron. Two? Why did he send two? Maybe apologizing in one? Or, both of them were telling me to get out of his life and never talk to him again? Or maybe one was ranting about how much he hates me? Suddenly, I didn’t want to read those emails. I would rather not read and be curious than read the emails and be even more heart-broken.