Chapter 27

Araile's mother, father and the Hokage looked toward the door as a person stepped through the door.

"Ah, Kakashi. Good, I've been meaning to ask you something. Would you mind showing this family to a spare house in the village?" the Hokage asked as he shifted around a few papers on his desk.

"Hey! Kakashi, how have you been? Still reading those books?" Araile's father grinned as he slapped Kakashi on the shoulder, who in turn put his hand on Takai's shoulder.

"Kiyoshi Takai. It's been a while," Kakashi stated calmly as he went over to her mother and shook her hand.

"Yup. It's been about 9 years since I last came here with my son, Kane" Araile's father agreed.

"Cute kid" Kakashi stated as he patted Araile's head gently; she had just opened her eyes.

She blinked and gave Kakashi her familiar baby smile, except for the yawn that came at the end.

Araile suddenly grabbed the Hokage's hat, startling the man and everyone else. The hat fell to the floor, and she sadly looked down at the hat from her mother's arms. The Hokage laughed and picked up his hat.

Takai took his daughter from her mother and said goodbye to the Hokage, then followed Kakashi out of the building and down the street.

"Ah, this village hasn't changed a bit since I first came here" Takai said as he looked at everything.

A bird suddenly chirped near Araile's mother, who was talking with Kakashi. Araile tried to mimic the bird, but without any success. Her father looked down at her before giving a loud laugh.

"Keep trying, kiddo. Maybe one day you'll be able to sound like a bird" Takai laughed as he ruffled her hair.

Araile giggled in her own way and continued to absorb the sights and sounds. Finally, Kakashi and the small family reached a small house at the end of a narrow street.

"Well, this is it. If there's anything you need, just come and find me" Kakashi said and disappeared with a 'poof'.

Araile blinked at the spot where Kakashi used to be. Her father gave her to Haya as he walked around the house, inspecting it.

"This is a perfect place to stay, dear," Haya said to Takai as she walked around the house as well.

Another year flew by. Araile's hair had grown so much that it covered her gold eyes, making her mother buy hair pins and clipping her hair back from her face. Araile also began to walk, though her legs were still shaky.

She also began to talk, little by little. Usually her vocabulary consisted of two or three words, but it continued to grow day by day. Takai began working for the Hokage, going on missions with some Jonins and leading other groups of younger ninja. Araile's mother stayed home most of the time but when she went out, Araile stayed with a friend that her mother had made.

Araile missed her father when he was gone. When he came back, she never wanted to be put down from being in his arms. After a couple weeks, Takai had finally managed to convince her older brother to come to Konoha.