Chapter 1

Edit: Well, looking back at this fanfiction that I started way back in Grade 9...oh Lordy it's making me cringe a little. I will be correcting any grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes and overall shit that came from my young 15 year old mind at the time of writing this. It will take me some time, but I am determined to get through it!

Araile couldn't believe it even when Kakashi told her himself. He passed a genin team! This was definetely a first in her young eyes.

Blinking in the sunlight, she sat in a tree as she watched Kakashi, his young genin team and an old man walk out the gates of Konoha. He had told Araile that it was just a routine mission, and would be back shortly.

She hated it when he went out on missions; the 9 year old was always worried he would never come back.

Tail twitching, Araile watched the group of 4 walk until they were just a tiny dot on the horizon.

After a couple minutes of enjoying the breeze and sunshine, Araile's sensitive ears picked up a series of whimpers and whines coming from a nearby bush. Ears twitching, Araile jumped down from her branch onto the ground.

Tail twitching, Araile continued to follow the ever-constant whimpers and whines. Ears twitching, she finally came to a bush where the cries were coming from.

Moving aside some branches, Arails saw a dog-like creature with black fur and a long tail. The animal had pointed ears doning it's sleek head, and gray eyes stared at the girl while its long tail twitched.

Araile blinked in surprise as the creature crept towards her, limping badly. A small broken chakra wire was wrapped against the creature's leg, cutting into the skin. A small trickle of dark red blood trailed after the creature as it made its way to her; its ears never ceasing in moving back and forth, muscles tense in case the strange girl decided to attack it.

"Aw, poor thing" Araile murmured sadly as the dog-like creature continued creeping towards her.

Araile held her breath as the animal stopped in front of her, tail twitching and ears swiveling. It's nose twitched as Araile slowly raised her arm towards it, eyes lowered on the ground.

The creature's wet black nose grazed the back of Araile's hand as it took in her scent, and slowly it's muscles began to relax. It sat down slowly on its haunches, injured leg held out in pain.

"We need to get that off of you" Araile said, moving slowly towards the wounded animal.

The creature lowered itself onto its belly, allowing the girl to help. Araile's tail twitched in curiosity as she untied the broken chakra wire that was wrapped around the animals leg, setting it free.

"Go!" she said as she shoo'd it away.

The creature twitched its ear, and with a twitch of its tail it took off into the bushes. Smiling, Araile gave herself a mental pat on the back and started her way back to the village.

Maybe there was a new flavour of ramen she could try? Or maybe the candy store had some new types of candy!

Suddenly, an unkown weight pulled her small body towards the ground, causing a yelp to sound from her mouth. She landed on the ground with an 'oof' as pain races up her shoulder. Gritting her teeth, Araile looked up to see that her body was covered with a chakra net.

Araile's first instinct was to struggle, and struggle she did.

Finally, Araile managed to wriggle her way out from under the net. Her ear twitched as footsteps came towards her, causing her to look up.

Two ninjas stood behind the girl, smiling.

"Well, it looks like we caught a treasure that we can bring back to the Boss" one of them said as both took out their shuriken.

Araile hissed low, ears flat against her head. Araile reached into her pocket, and quickly launched a smoke bomb on the unsuspecting ninja. Thanks to Kakashi, she was always armed in little ways whenever she went out. She lept on one of the ninjas and pulled his headband over his eyes.

As soon as she landed, Arails jumped high again, using the cover of the smoke to land onto the other ninja and did the same thing. As soon as she landed, she pushed the two ninja together, making them fall over in a mess of limbs.

Giggling, Araile watched as the two ninjas struggled to untangle themselves before darting away in the opposite direction.

Suddenly she felt someone pull her tail, causing the young girl to fall over. Looking behind her, she saw that one of the ninjas finally recovered and now had a death-grip on her tail. Araile snarled as pain shot through her tailbone and up her spine.

Araile kicked her foot out, hitting the enemy ninja in the nose. A satisfying 'crack' echoed in her ears as the ninja screamed, releasing her tail and clutching his face. Scrambling to her feet, Araile hissed again as she backed away into the shadows of the trees.

She had to warn the guards at the gate! Araile turned, tensing her muscles as she prepared to make a run for it.

Both ninjas appeared in front of her, blocking her way of escape. A deep growl rumbled through her chest as she  bared her teeth, backing away until her back hit the rough bark of a tree.

"Uh oh, I think we made her mad" one of them snickered.

They both laughed and suddenly lunged at the girl. Araile ducked underneath the two enemy ninjas and started running as fast as she could between the trees, but the branches hindered and slowed her down.

She would run the opposite way until she lost them, then turn back and run to Konoha!

Her ear twitched as she heared the ninjas laughing as they chased her. Branches continuously scratched the girl's face as she ran. After what seemed like forever, Araile spotted a break in the foliage and she sped up.

Araile suddenly skidded to a stop as she broke through the forest. The path ended in a sheer drop-off to a forest below.

Blinking against the sun, Araile could see the pine trees and thorns as she looked down from the edge of the 50 foot cliff. A laugh caused Araile to whirl around, and a cold pit formed in her stomach as the two ninja appeared before her.

"No where to run now, kitty cat" one of the ninja laughed loudly as they advanced towards her.

As they took a step towards her, Araile unconsciously took two steps back.