Chapter 1- A Day in the Perfect Life of Mai Greenely

Somewhere in a quiet neighbourhood, down a quiet street, Mai Greenely wakes up as the sun rises over her parents modern, stately home.

Mai sits up, a serene smile on her face as she yawns- somehow in tune to the birds chirping at her window. She jumps neatly out of bed, humming along to the melodious tweeting of the birds as they begin to dress her bed. She dances over to the mirror not needing to brush her hair as it falls perfectly into her shoulders in neat cur-

I wish.

Right, let's start again.

Somewhere in a quiet neighbourhood, down a not-so-quiet street, screams could be heard from the Greenely's modern stately home.

Mai wakes up groggily, her hair sticking out in rather unattractive angles as she wonders what on earth woke her up. Another blood curdling scream travels down the halls confirming Mai's assumptions. Lena. She glances over to her alarm clock to realise that she's woken up a whole half an hour earlier than she usually would. She scowled at the clock as if blaming it for her problems, then continues the struggles of escaping her comfortable bed.

Thud.

'I should probably be more careful,' she thought rubbing her shoulder before getting off the floor. Unbothered with her looks she fiddled with the door handle with the intention of confronting the sleep-stealer.

"Mai would appreciate it if you shut up and let her sleep in peace" she grumbled irritatedly.

"Why is Mai referring to herself in third person?" Her sister replied.

Wait, why am I talking in third person?

"It's barely half 6, okay?" I retorted lamely "My brain doesn't come back till 8"

"Right" Lena replied amused.

I huffed suddenly remembering why I was out here.

"Why were you screaming anyway?" I asked "people have this thing called sleep, where they'd rather not be interrupted from by the screams of a dying hyena on helium gas."

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning" she replied unfazed "or rather fell." She added teasingly, ruffling my hair.

I rolled my eyes at her, choosing to ignore the fact that she heard my not so elegant escape from my bed.

"I swear, Lena," I ranted "if you woke me up because you saw a freaking spider, I will scream, and not out of terror- ok maybe a bit out of terror because spiders creep me out- but out of anger because I do not appreciate being woken up."

"Ok three things," Lena began, holding up a finger "First, that was one time. Let it go. Two, duh, who isn't creeped out by spiders and lastly..." She paused as she brought out her phone. "It was not a scream of terror or however you put it, it was an excited scream. Or would it be a squeal...anyway. Look."

At this point she shoves her phone in my face. I squint as I tried to make out the words from such close proximity.

"Jack broke up with Gwen and is officially 'back on the market'?" I state confused. Good for Jack. I guess...?

"What?" My sister faces her phone back to herself placing a few quick taps before bringing the screen to me again.

"A new Assailant movie?!" I said excitedly.

Fine. I squealed. Loudly.

My sister and I don't have much in common, but if there is one thing we see eye to eye on, is our mutual obsession for a certain superhero series and all associating movies. Lena's friends although accepting her dorky obsession do not share with her. To be honest, I don't think Lena's friends know how much of a dork she is at heart. Something about it tarnishing her reputation.

Back to current situation.

Lena clasped a hand over my mouth when she realised I wouldn't stop squealing any time soon. She however, managed to maintain her smug expression and looked at me expectantly.

"You are forgiven." I muttered though unable to entirely get rid of my smile. I was instantly in a good mood.

In return, Lena's smirk widened. I rolled my eyes.

Now that the distraction was over I finally took in my surroundings and realised that Lena was fully dressed, hair, makeup and all.

"Wait..." I began "how come you're ready so early?"

"Some early morning meeting in school" Lena shrugged.

My eyes widened. "You're still driving me too,  right?!" Panic was evidently written all over my face.

"I'm leaving in about half an hour, you better hurry up." Lena said smirking, before making her way down the stairs.

I scowled at her retreating back. 'So much for my good mood' I thought, before hurriedly making my way back into my room.

Perfect.

Today was going to be just perfect.

___

Hi... So thanks for clicking on my story. I know, I know, it sounds really bad but then, I thought it was time I started a story of my own- seeing as I read so many. So....tell me what you think! Btw, photo on top is kind of how I imagined Mai's house to look like. Idk.
Carmen~