Some say she wore yellow to look on the bright side.
Others say she wore it to avoid falling into her sister's shadow.
Some say she simply just loved the attention it brought.
Others say it was the pure act of anti-perfectionism rebellion.
Mai just wanted to make an unwanted color feel loved.
Mai Greenely's world has been overturned. After drawing up on the shocking conclusion that absolutely no one she knew liked the color yellow, Mai decides to take matters into her own hands by doing what any rational 15 year old all American girl would do: dressing head to toe in yellow.
It seemed like a straightforward plan, with a straightforward reasoning.
Now, if only she could explain that to the new kid, Cameron Holland without him accusing her of kidnapping his dog again..
[❊ ❊ ❊]
A/N: This story is going to be pathetically innocent, so if you metaphorically vomit (or physically, you never know) at the idea of "sweet" then this story isn't for you.
ADDITIONAL WARNING: It's kinda badly and immaturely written. Semi-unrealistic plot which develops ~better~ into the book. Cringey dialogue and I technically haven't even written the epilogue yet. So yeah. Good luck, you'll need it.
[❊ ❊ ❊]
[H.R.: #381 in Humor]
[Extra #2: Feb, 2019]
- - ̗̀ The Hall Of Fame ̖́-
- Chapter 1- A Day in the Perfect Life of Mai Greenely
- Chapter 2- You're Giving Me A Headache
- Chapter 3- In Which Ethan is The Smart One
- Chapter 4- Little Kids Are Kind of Like Animals Right?
- Chapter 5- What A Normal Person Would Do
- Chapter 6- Tsk Such A Daddy's Girl
- Chapter 7- Right Sure You Are
- Chapter 8- Suits Her In an Odd Way
- Chapter 9- Why Do I Even Bother?
- Chapter 10- Operation: OCFADBTIONS
- Chapter 11- So Perhaps The Little Sister Exists
- Chapter 12- A Succession of Groans
- Chapter 13- Go go. . . Power Rangers?
- Chapter 14- Rebels Dog Walks and Snarkasm
- Chapter 15- Of Sleepovers and Surprises
- Chapter 16- Those Two Idiots
- Chapter 17- It Had to Happen Eventually
- Author's Note
- Chapter 18- The Joys of Nepotism
- Chapter 19- Of Axolotls and Awkward Hugs
- Chapter 20- Definetely Not Cool Chris: The Halloween Special
- Chapter 21- Match Made in Comic Con
- Chapter 22- Twenty Two Dares
- Chapter 23- Not Exactly Chance Encounters
- Chapter 24- In Which There Is An Ending
- Chapter 24- Did You Just Call Me Lover Boy?
- Chapter 25- Kidnappings, Cabins and Questionable Parenting
- Chapter 26- Before You Go AWOL Again
- Chapter 27- Almost
- Author's Note 2.0
- Chapter 28- Armed With Ice Cream
- Chapter 29- Mai the (Un)Licensed Couple Therapist
- Chapter 30- The Inhabitants of Bruce The Car
- Chapter 31- Lauryn, the Bearer of Gifts
- Chapter 32- Introducing Moe and Larry
- Chapter 33- Dear, Rotten Egg
- Author's Note (3.0)- Please Read
- Chapter 34- Phone Calls and Bottled Up Feelings
- Chapter 35- The Science Behind Lena and Austin
- Chapter 36- This Christmas
- Chapter 37- A Different Kind of Fireworks
- Chapter 38- The Art of Wallowing
- Chapter 39- Back to the Beginning
- ❊ Afterword ❊
- Bonus 1- Operation: MMFBBFHS