44. Hitting Hard Balls

Start from the beginning

Sammy led me to the very middle of the field that had a hole at least 4 feet deep, with a tea ball stand dug tightly in. "This is where you first taught me to hit a ball, I couldn't even raise the friggen bat back then." He laughed, tapping the pole lightly. "And that over there, see that white line? That's my first hit when you pitched it to me... it then escalated to yards."

I glanced at him as he smiled to himself of the memories, I wish I could remember these memories. Why do I still not remember anything? Should I ask if this is a prank or something? I don't understand... but even then, I don't remember the period where Sammy traded his baseball cards for an actual ball and glove.

"I had really bad acne, man it was crazy. I also got shunned down for even trying to join the baseball team and get on the field, I was booed and ignored and somewhat bullied. 14 years old Skye, and you know what you did? You had the idea with you and the guys and your family to make a team, to actually verse the club's baseball team with of all of us, to show them how skilled I am. And what do you know... they wanted me immediately. After we beat them of course!" He smirked at the last part.

I squinted my eyes hoping some Raven past vision will occur, but nothing. I felt weird... sad really, all these stories that add up but I don't remember? Nah haha this is definitely a joke! Yeap, a joke.

"It's okay if you don't remember..." Sammy smiled softly, wrapping an arm around me and hugging me close. "You're so much more than you think." He whispers kissing my head.

I stayed quiet, I didn't know what to say.

I gave a small smile back, then followed him back to others. This place was relatively public so we couldn't stay here, it was a definite used field and it sparked only little memory to me. "Sammy..." I whisper, tugging his sleeve a little making him look at me. "I believe what you're saying... this isn't a joke is it?"

He glanced down and back up, "We'd never lie about something like this. You really changed all our lives."

"Then what happened to me... why don't I remember all of this?"

Sammy sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets. "You we-"

"GUYS COME ON! SKYE REMEMBER THE PLACE WHERE WE DUG UP SAMMY'S FIRST BASEBALL? WE'RE GOING THERE NOW! LET'S GO!" Jayden shouted over. Sammy looked over at me and gave a small smile, "Race you there?"

"Bring it on!" I snickered, already passing him and running back towards the others.

I wanted to ignore the nagging feeling.

And the pain in the back of my head.

"It's still here!" Jace laughed out loud, staring at the hallow hole that was dug up near an old oak tree. He held it in his hand turning it around with the clear initials, S.C. "Sam, god damn! Look at this, oh and it still has the smiley face." Jace grinned, throwing the ball to Sammy.

"Oh man..." Sammy turned it over with a smile. "Who's up for a game with old trusty here?"

"I'm up for it buddy!" Allan grinned, catching the ball from Sammy. We ended up all agreeing and racing over to the field to where Arthur was already chilling holding a bat and the field set up with mats.

"Now we need captains!" He announces.

"Well... as main baseball captain, of Prade High. It's only definite that I'm one." Sammy smiles, gliding past him and grabbing the bat, swinging behind him.

"And as the king of rebellion, it's only fact that I have to be the captain for the opposing team." Jace winked, stealing the bat off Sammy and making him glare.