Chapter 28 The meeting

Chapter 28- The meeting

It was an hour before the meeting and I felt the confidence swallow me up, things were looking brighter. We had Exodus spreading the word about the meeting because even though the meeting would be with the Elders here they were very hush hush about this. The way I saw it was people were wondering what on earth a stray Nephilim with hunters, augurs and vampires were doing in the Underground and we were just going to inform them. They had a right to an informed decision and if the word accidentally got out the reason we were here then there would be a rally of Nephilims hearing our proposal and that could go one of two ways. We could sway more people into fighting with us out of fear or determination or- it could cause a very bad uproar of selfish and scared Nephilims trying to save their own.

After the breakfast Onya brought me back to Irene’s where the girls were getting ready for the festival tonight. Everyone was dressed so lovely in white greccian gowns, apparently that was the proper wear to a festival. All white everyone looked lovely especially cute little pregnant Saddie with her big belly now showing even more in the white toga-like dress.

Violet and Emmaline were braiding Anna and Basil’s hair and putting in little white flowers, they looked so stunning that I almost felt a little intimidated. After Basil’s hair was done Violet pulled back the chair and gestured me to take a seat.

“Sure whynot.” I sat on the chair for nearly 20 minutes while Violet did a long french braid with my hair starting at one side coming down to the other. I absolutely loved it as she put a few small flowers tucking them into my hair.

“You look amazing! Wait til you see the dress we picked for you.” Anna grinned while holding out a bag.

Oh god I wasn’t sure if I should have been worried but Anna had decent taste so I was half assured. Pulling open the bag there was a long white satin dress that resembled the greecian ones the other girls were wearing except mine was sleeveless, lowcut with a band going across underneath my chest as the rest flowed to the ground.

“God, this looks beautiful.” I stared at the dress grinning like a fool.

“It’s going to look beautiful on you Trinity.” Violet smiled.

After we arrived here I hardly saw her or Emmaline but I’m sure they were busy making accommodations to fix up their house that I sort of ruined along with keeping tabs on Prudence.

“Thanks.” I smiled getting up and made my way towards the washroom to get changed while everyone else finished up. It’s amazing how hectic it is when you have 6 women and 1 teenager running around getting ready.

After putting the dress on I realized I couldn’t reach the zipper in the back. Fantastic, of course I’d have to go back downstairs and get one of the girls to zip me up  but as soon as I opened the door Dalton was walking by back to his room to get something.

“Oh,Trinity. You look lovely.” Dalton forced a smile.

“Uh thanks.” I wormed my way out of the bathroom holding onto the front of the dress to stop it from falling.

“You need to be zipped up?” Dalton pointed out while extending his hand towards the zipper.

I pulled away feeling a little tense. “ It’s alright I’m sure Anna can zip me up.” I tried not to put Dalton in any situation that made it weird for either of us, especially after seeing his package and us almost having sex when Kassandra possessed me.

“Oh.” Dalton pulled away slightly.

“I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.” Dalton smiled sadly before turning around, I guess he had felt more badly about this than I thought. I let out a deep sigh.