a universe inside your soul.

for when you need simple daily reminders:

August 22, 2015

Ten Steps To A Cozier Life

1. Learn that your smile is a gift to the world. It's shines brighter than Rigel, Betelgeuse, and Deneb (the most luminous stars provided in the New York State earth science reference tables.)

2. Each of your breaths is a reminder that you're alive. Act it. Cherish your life, because it's yours. Because it's brilliant, and special, and nice, but mostly because it is yours.

3. Get a full nights rest as often as you can. Your body will appreciate it, and act accordingly.

4. Drink water, it'll make you feel clean.

5. Don't be afraid to laugh. It relaxes your whole self, and you'll feel more comfortable with the people you're around. Your body is three-quarters water, but your stomach is seven-eighths laughter.

6. Sing in the shower, sing in the kitchen, sing at the top of your lungs. Sing. All. The. Time. Your voice is an instrument custom made to your body. Utilize it.

7. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. If you love track pants and sweatshirts, wear track pants and sweatshirts. If you love high heels, rock them. I don't care if you're seven foot four without them, and everyone has to crane their head to look at you. Let them. You've lived too long not to love what you're wearing.

8. Remember, it's okay to be saved sometimes. But also remember, sometimes you've got to save yourself. Sometimes you're stuck in a tower, and your hair is short and Flynn Ryder is stuck in traffic. Remember that you're amazing at climbing, and even though scaling down the tower may be a challenge, you can make it. I promise.

9. Sometimes your friends will hang out without you. Sometimes they'll make new friends. This doesn't mean they don't love you. Realize that you're allowed to make new friends too, there's not a limit on how many friendships you can form.

10. Love yourself. I cannot stress this enough. If you can't right now, that's okay, but you shouldn't ever stop trying. There's a universe exploding inside your soul, and I hope every single one of you are able to explore yourself someday.