Do Not Let Me Go

Începe de la început

"No, no. Kirstie please don't cry over me again. We are far from being over." His tears came a little heavier at the sight of her crying and he wrapped his arms back around her and drew her closer than before, holding her tight to him to reassure her he wasn't leaving her for good. "I just don't feel okay right now in the city, there's too much going on that I don't think it is good for my health. I'll be back eventually, I promise. I'll miss you too much."

"Please don't go." She clutched at him in an attempt to keep him there with her but she knew it was no use, he had to go, he had to leave her albeit momentarily. 

He pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I need to, I'm sorry. I think I'll only get worse if not."

She inhaled deeply as she calmed herself down, drying her eyes on her sleeve thankful she had chosen to wear waterproof mascara that night. "Right, okay. When do you leave?"

He leant back to take a look at her and was relieved to see she had managed to stop her crying. "The day after tomorrow. I should have told you sooner but I was scared you'd hate me, especially with the way I've been acting lately."

"Yeah, you should have - but it doesn't matter, if it will make you feel better then you have to do it for you, for us?"She placed her hands on the collar of the leather jacked he was wearing and began to play with it. She was going to have to make the rest of her time with him special, to ensure he would return to her.

"I'm so sorry Kirst." He reached down, pulling away from her slightly, and got a tissue out of his pocket to wipe his eyes that were only just starting to dry out.

She smiled sadly up at him. "I'm sorry too."

"You have nothing to be sorry about." He pushed the tissue back into his pocket as he wrapped his arm back around her, staring directly into her eyes once more.

"I do, I pushed you to talk to me too much." Kirstie slipped her hands up to his neck to play with the hair she found there. He had decided to wear a beanie that night thanks to the cold weather so she was slightly restricted but she didn't care.

He leaned his forehead in to rest upon hers. "You only did it because you care."

"True." She giggled slightly.

"Thanks for the song by the way, I really loved it." He smiled at her which she could only just make out thanks to the close proximity of their faces.

"You did?" She bit her lip, hoping he was telling the truth and not saying it just to please her. She had learnt it in less than an hour so she hadn't had long to perfect it like she would have hoped to.

"Yeah. Actually, I had planned to sing for you as well tonight but I don't think I can top that." He moved his head away from hers so he could use it to gesture to the guitar he had placed on the seat next to where he was sitting.

"Could you, please? I haven't heard you play in too long." She looked up at him with pleading eyes. She had forgotten how soothing hearing him sing was, it had been so long since he had sang in front of her. He had stopped busking on the train since he was beginning to gain extra money from his website and he'd been too depressed the last week to pull out his guitar and randomly start playing like he used to.

He nodded slowly as he responded. "It has been a while."

"Please?" She begged him playfully and pulled on his jacket, finally settling back into how she usually acted around the old Avi.

"Okay." He grinned back at her - he actually grinned, as in a plastered from ear to ear grin. It was so refreshing to see. "Should we get out of here?"