Same Difference

Maxxi's POV
The man walked away and left the restaurant. I heard Lynx sigh and I looked over at her. She had her face in her palms and looked distressed.

"What's wrong," I asked.

She looked over at me,

"No, he said he had the same eyes as mine! I fell into the void and woke up in the nether! I escaped though. I have abnormal powers, so he probably does too," She exclaimed.

I looked away and thought for a while.

"Maybe he doesn't know? Anyways, we're known for never backing down from an assassination! So let's go!" I scolded.

She turned to look at me and punched me in the shoulder. I laughed and got up. Grabbing my phantom blade. Lynx picked up her Katana and walked out the backdoor. I followed her out and pulled up my hood. Even though a lot of people know us...no not our real names...they just put a wanted list on us. On all assassins. So, we have to keep a low profile. But Lynx, just looks like a nerd! Perfect cover on her case.

We walked into the forest and looked for any caves. We tried to find a portal or something to the Nether. But when I was walking down a ravine, I saw a man. It looked like the man that have us the contract, but when he turned around. I saw his eyes. They were pure white with a ghostly aura surrounding them. Just like Lynxes. I ran over to where she was and told her to follow me. She peaked around the corner and looked at him.

"What's the plan? Whatever, just sneak attack him!" She whispered.

I went invisible, and walked out in the open. Lynx climbed up the rock and snuck on a high ledge. Which I think his name was Herobrine. He walked towards me then stopped. His eyes looked like they stared straight into my soul. I know, Lynx has the same eyes, but she's my friend.

Suddenly, I felt a pressure on my neck breaking me from my thoughts. I looked up to see Herobrine scolding at me. How did he see me!

"Did you think you could sneak up on me! I can hear your heartbeat!" He snapped, his voice was distorted, almost like two voices talking at once.

Well, a bit creepy but question answered. I gasped for air as he squeezed tighter on my neck. I remembered I was part blaze I raised my skin tempature to make sure no human could handle it. But he kept his death grip on. I saw Lynx getting ready to pounce, but I also saw remorse in her eyes. What?! She jumped and landed on his back pulling out her katana and putting it against his neck.

"Put her down! I don't want to hurt you!" Lynx hissed.

He released his grip and dropped me. I looked back at Lynx and saw her get off his back. She kept the blade on his neck while turning to face him.

"I'm not going to kill you, but I will injure you!"

With that said, Lynx moved her blade and hit his ankle hard. She picked me up and tried to leave but I wouldn't budge. Herobrine just sat there looking at us. I saw hatred and sadness in his eyes. Even though he tried to kill me I walked up to him and helped him up.

"Lynx! Help me help him!" I yelled.

"Okay, but how are we going to get those 184 diamonds from the man!" She exclaimed.

"What man? What are you talking about?" Herobrine questioned.

"Okay, we're assassins and we get contracts. You happened to be one of them, a man who looked like you but had blue eyes told us to kill you!"

"Steve!" He said surprised, "But I killed him! I stabbed him in the neck!"

"Well he's alive!" Lynx hissed.

Rage filled his eyes, then it changed into a smirk.

"How would you guys like to work for me! I can give you 10 diamonds a day! Even when you want a day off!" He said.

I looked at Lynx with greed in my eyes.

"Sure." She whispered.