The Forrest

I woke up to see butters outside in the fall cold. I looked over at buddy and then butters. I stood up and ran up to her, but my leg soon cramped in pain. "Ahh!" I say quietly in pain. Butters turns her head around at me. "Pepper?! Wh...Why are you up?" She says confused. I smile at her nervously. "Um.. I..I just wanted to talk to you?" I say getting up as I struggle. She looks at me like I'm a idiot. "What is it really?" She asks. Once I stand next to her I sit and stare at her orange fur, smiling. "What's wrong Butters?" I ask her. She sighs at the ground. I could tell by her face it was about Jack. "Is it Jack." I say looking to the ground. She nods at me and says nothing. The wind flows her fur like a fire at night. There was silence for a minute till she talked. "How's your leg?" She asked. "Still hurts but I can walk on it." I say looking at her green eyes. She looks at me and smiles. "I'm sure it will heal by the end of this month." She says smiling. I never seen her smile like that since I met her. Ever since Jack left, she's changed but now she's happy. Her smile makes me happy as well. Her laugh makes me giggle with joy. "What is this feeling i feel in my heart." I think to my self. I try and ignore it as she laughs at me. "Ya.. I guess you're right." I say smiling back at her. She looks up at my eyes as I stare into hers. "You know Pepper, you're the only one who can make me smile." She says sighing. "I guess you make me smile too." I say looking at her fur again as the sun warms up. The morning kept getting warm as we kept talking. The leaves flew in the blue skies as they flew by us. The Forrest was calm. As long as I'm with Butters everything is safe.