On the Road

The next day came and I walked over to butters as I nodded. "Let's go." I say smiling. She was worried and didn't want to leave Jack. I sighed as I knew how she felt but we needed to find our owner or else our home will be nothing. 

We soon ran into the cornfield where it's safe. I looked around as I could see corn on the ground. Butters still smiling at me looked for some sign of the road as there was nothing. Till we found it. I was happy to see it. But it was the highway. We couldn't get past it. No cat never does. They usually end up ran over, dead or squished and I was afraid butters was going to be one of them. I watched each car go by as I tried to think of a plan. Then it came to me. I grabbed butters and told her to be careful. She stayed behind me the whole way. Till a car came. I ran out to grab her and throw her across. I stared into the cars lights as I knew this was the end. Butters, screaming my name ran up to me and grabbed my neck as she ran to the grass. "Don't ever do that to me pepper!" She yelled as I smiled.  "Trust me I won't." I laughed as we both ran off to the road.

Once we got on the grass butters began to get even more worried. "Pepper, what if we don't find the girl. What if we die like jack."she said crying. "As long as we're together and alive we will find her." I say grabbing the mice from the ground. "Here." I said. She smiled as she began to eat. I looked into the sky as it got darker. I saw a bush and ran over to it. Luckily it had no animals so me and butters can sleep. I called butters over as she ran up. "Ya pepper??" She asked. "Let's go to sleep. It's been a rough day." I say smiling and entering the bush. She walks and stared into the night sky. I was tired like crazy and soon fell asleep. But as for butters she couldn't get jack off her mind. She loved Jack like a brother. She didn't want him dead. But it had to happen. By morning sunrise we began to head off.